Outside tables??

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Outside tables??

Postby Steve Frederick » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:16 pm

Anyone got ideas for an outside table? Got a source for the hardware??
Hunney, has the galley filled up already!! :?
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Ken A Hood » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:25 pm

I've seen these........and there stainless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAINLES ... dZViewItem
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:30 pm

That's a good buy, I found some at West Marine but they were like $25-$30. I don't remember exactly how much but it was enough to where I said, "I'll pick those up later."
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Woody » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:34 pm

I built two outrigger tables, one for each side of the galley to extend the the cooking area using the above hardware from West Marine
I also made adjustable legs for the tables for leveling at camp grounds that aren't quite level. They really help with space
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby norm perkiss » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Steve,
I built one on the side. I borrowed the Coleman Tent trailer idea. With the support on the trailer it requires no special adjustments or leveling. The support is just a length of steel rod that I heated with a propane torch and bent to shape.

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... ic_id=2689
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... ic_id=2690

The table attaches with an extruded aluminum "bracket". I purchased the bracket from TJ's Trailer Supply. The bracket isn't pretty without the table attached, but it's functional.
Norm
norm perkiss
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 pm

I fabricated a small table that fits into a socket under the frame, right side of the galley....It adjusts up and down for sitting and standing and will also turn 90 degrees....made my own wing nuts for the adjustments, used square tube 1" on the exterior and 3/4 heavy wall for the interior...well it should have been heavy wall on the interior...had a discussion with the guy cutting the iron up and when I got home 60 miles....found that I had the thinner wall...I had to weld up some small washers as shims....some outboard legs will give more support, but it works fine like this..there is a full support with slide capabilities under the table top also that will allow the table to slide further out....got the idea from Steve E in Minden...checked it out closer at the Redwoods gathering....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Tables

Postby KZ76017 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:01 pm

I'm thinking of removing the side tables off of my Stainless Steel grill that I bought off Ebay for $100. Just need a couple of fat headed screws in the side to slide them down onto. That way I can remove them when I hit the road.

8) :twisted:
KZ76017
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:26 pm

I used the cover of the footwell for my table. I put brackets on both sides of the trailer; partly so it will look right and partly because the side I use depends on the camping spot. The leg is offset so the table can be used on a pedestal base inside the trailer. The bracket is kind of ugly on the side but it works real well.

Image Image
Oops, almost forgot: I got all my table hardware at TJ Trailers.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:05 am

I built my two side tables out of 3/16" lauan, trimmed with 3/4" pine. Made custom clips supported by the wooden Ford tail lights, and fold down brackets that are attached to fenders with C-clamps. The outer ends are supported with wing-nut adjustable (wooden) table legs to compensate for uneven ground. They work great, one side will even carry the weight of the campstove, 12v refer, microwave and toaster oven. The other side holds my all-wood DO, wooden 2-slice Sunbeam pop-up toaster, wooden plates, saucers, cups, forks, knives, and spoons. (just love that wood!!!)

Roly, Spamboree bound in a couple of days.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby randy chesnutt » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:23 am

steve, i purchased a table bracket from the rv supply store. it cost $4.50 and it maded out of alum. i mounted the bracket over my fender.when i lock in my table in it rest on the fender. i don't need a support leg. it works great. no need trying to level the table when you get to your camp site, lock in the bracket and for get it.
randy chesnutt
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques