Intellectual Northwoods Gathering 2

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Intellectual Northwoods Gathering 2

Postby rainman0 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi all,
The ING2 will be June 5th, 6th and 7th.
It wll be in the Nemadji State Forest Campground (south of Duluth).
There is a nice lake and a great campground.
The sites are first come, first serve.
So far, we have 5 teardrops coming.
Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Re: Intellectual Northwoods Gathering 2

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:24 pm

rainman0 wrote:Hi all,
The ING2 will be June 5th, 6th and 7th.
It wll be in the Nemadji State Forest Campground (south of Duluth).
There is a nice lake and a great campground.
The sites are first come, first serve.
So far, we have 5 teardrops coming.
Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

Baron and I are one of the five! Can't wait! Can we do it next weekend instead!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Boy! If we don't get any more interest in this gathering, we might have to do it in Pine City again. Here are some pictures of last years gathering.

We had lots of fun! Come join us!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 am

We'd love to go but can't commit to anything. With Jonathon graduating the next weekend, the timing is a bit off. Won't know until just before if we can be there. But if we can, we will! :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rainman0 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:02 am

We are with you Tim.
We can have it at our place, and just make a cutoff number. Hate to do that , but. So far, we would be fine with the numbers.
Where are Jim and Lori? :thinking:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 pm

rainman0 wrote:We are with you Tim.
We can have it at our place, and just make a cutoff number. Hate to do that , but. So far, we would be fine with the numbers.
Where are Jim and Lori? :thinking:

If we don't get a lot of interest then you can move it to Pine City. If we get a bunch of people going, then we can have it at the Nemadji State Forest Campground. Even though I love your Pine City place, I hope we have a bunch of people going. I'd love to meet some new people. Besides, it's lots of fun camping somewhere I've never been.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of interest from people from Minnesota. I see some mention of new people wanting to get together, but when someone posts a gathering there seems to be very little interest.

I'm not sure about Jim, but I talked to Lori on the phone yesterday. She said she was thinking about going to Black River at the end of March and Minden in June, but I forgot to ask her about ING2. Sorry.

Well I finally found a job so I am planning on going to Cooler Near the Lake. Are you planning on going to CNL in April? If you do would you like to have a teardrop caravan again? Let me know.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:58 am

I would be interested in this. at the moment I have that weekend free.
How kid freindly is it going to be?? Im not a stuffshirt, We like to have a few bumps occasionally but hate hanging out on a 3 day drunk. This is probably why we havent done this in the past. Karrie, my bride of 17 years , her folks live in pine city, were down there quite a bit..Paul, Karrie and Allison....
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby madjack » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:47 am

hr, your post provoked a couple of thoughts...I can't speak for any gatherings other than what we do down here in the SCT group. At our gatherings, a large amount of alcohol can be consumed on a 3 day weekend BUT we are not spring break college kids on a 3 day binge...we are (fairly) responsible, mature adults to whom drinking is not the end all and be all of the party, merely a social adjunct to the festivities...if you have not been to a gathering yet, you really should, 'cause they are always a blast.......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Bodyman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:03 pm

hotrod wrote:I would be interested in this. at the moment I have that weekend free.
How kid freindly is it going to be?? Im not a stuffshirt, We like to have a few bumps occasionally but hate hanging out on a 3 day drunk. This is probably why we havent done this in the past. Karrie, my bride of 17 years , her folks live in pine city, were down there quite a bit..Paul, Karrie and Allison....

No need to worry I have camped with several of those attending. They are a fun but not wild bunch. Go and have a good time
For more check out this thread on the other forum http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1209

Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 pm

UUUGHH, I was just informed that this is rodeo weekend at home here. Allies gotta be in a parade and I suppose Ill end up in the car show and parade..I would rather go camping...Between school, girl scouts stuff hotrodding and family stuff it seems my summer is shot already and theres still snow on the ground.
We used to camp with the wifes sis and her hubby and freinds but it got to the point that thats all they wanted to do was drink. According to them its not their fault we got kids.. sad sad sad..Party till 4 am sleep till noon or 1 oclock and do not want to be up in the am with kids, even if it is family. It reallly sucked the fun out of doing anything with her family. So now we are pretty much left out of any of their doings anyways..Im just trying to avoid a situation like this.... paul
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Betsey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:15 pm

hotrod wrote:How kid freindly is it going to be?? Im not a stuffshirt, We like to have a few bumps occasionally but hate hanging out on a 3 day drunk. This is probably why we havent done this in the past. Karrie, my bride of 17 years , her folks live in pine city, were down there quite a bit..Paul, Karrie and Allison....

Trust me, those who attend this gathering are not the "3 day drunk" type. Some drink, some don't and everyone has a good time. Some are early (and I mean EARLY) risers, some not so much but everyone is up and going by 9am.

I think your family would fit right in and have a wonderful time. We would love to have you at any of our gatherings.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hotrod » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks Betsey, thats what I needed to hear.
Im pretty content to sit in the shade, toss horseshoes or exchange embers of wisdom around the campfire with the occasional beer or captain coke but we dont make it the reason for being there. Odds are its a pepsi or gatorade in hand..hopefully this summer we can cross paths someplace. Im registered over at the tearjerkers site as Paul R...
Paul
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby rainman0 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Just to give ING2 a bump.
nyone else coming? :thinking:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:34 pm

rainman0 wrote:Just to give ING2 a bump.
nyone else coming? :thinking:

I'm ready to go this weekend but Baron's not. :(
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon May 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Less than a month away! There has got to be more people in MN. WI, IA, ND,or SD (or anywhere), that want to attend a fun gathering! We had a great time last year. Come and have some fun!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central