"Raccoon Lake" Hoosier Chapter Gathering May 2009

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 am

HOLY STROMBOLIE !

What I learned this trip.....

Trailer insurance is wonderful peace of mine when you stare at a 3-7 ton tree trunk and listen to the tv squaking about large hail damaging winds and the possibility of tornados. :worship:

They make giant muffin papers called dutch oven liners. No more cutting parchment paper into circles to line the bottom and cutting long skinny strips for the side and trying to get them to stay in place. :Flippin Burger:

They make 6' fiberglass survey stakes that will make wonderful hooped stays for a roof over your changing room ( just add a tarp). Pictures to follow they are in the 35mm. :snappy:

Mud is therapeutic for feet. Softens and sands calluses corns and bunions. Leaving bare feet soft and supple after 4-5 hours of wadeing in 2 inches of mud huddled under a tarp is a torrential rain. :worship:

On board electronics can be a life saver. We massed in the green glow of my 5" 10 dollar Goodwill color tv and watched the wall of weather march our way. :envious:

How to properly stake down large shelter tents ( thanks Eric) so they don't sail off like a kite. :NC

How to cinch down a first up over the galley area and attaching the other side to the 100# +/- wood picnic table to keep it from rolling it's self into a ball of ripped nylon and bent tubing. (We had a couple casualties like that) :shock:

Old people can stay up after 10:00 pm ( We partied our asses off till about 2:30 AM. (Celebrating life after the tsunami) :P :tipsy:

The one that DID break our hearts though. Kurt is not infalible. :( :rainy:

Stiff and sore from packin' and un packin' but had a ball meeting old friends and makin new ones. :shake hands:

Thanks to all !!!!!
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 18, 2009 1:45 am

Now !!!!

BRING ON THE PICS .....

Old what's her name forgot the digital and all I had was my 35mm so post those pics so I can steal a few. :thumbsup:

To all the folks who purchased a Dutch oven lid lifter " Happy Cookin'" :Flippin Burger:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby sid » Mon May 18, 2009 8:08 am

Here's a link to our pictures. http://picasaweb.google.com/tdcampers/0 ... coonRunIN#

Sorry, I did not get all of them!

Mark and Pat
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:42 am

bobhenry wrote:HOLY STROMBOLIE !

The one that DID break our hearts though. Kurt is not infalible. :( :rainy:

Yep, I'm still human.
:poop:
Remember last spring we had a downpour on Thursday (when DVD player got filled with water), but that didn't affect the gathering.

Man are my feet sore from doing the"Sunshine dance". :sweaty: :shocked:

Thanks for the tips too Bob. :clapping hands:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby mckinnon » Mon May 18, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks Pat and Mark for the family picture. We don't have very many fam pictures of us camping.
mckinnon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am

:lol:

Your Welcome! It was great meeting your family.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Rick & Leona » Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. We went to Rockville for breakfast (no dishes to clean up.) Everyone was pretty much gone when we got back.

We made it home from Raccoon Lake ok. We thought we'd never make it through Indianapolis! We took our time leaving...then we stopped in Avon for dinner. We tried to get on I-70 in Indianapolis and there were State Police blocking every east bound on ramp. We saw helicopters flying over head and we thought that there's one heck of a wreck on the interstate. Then, traffic stopped down town and we saw a stream of police motorcycles then the presidental limo and half a dozen black SUV's drove past us. We didn't know that Obama would mess up our travel plans!
Leona & Rick
Rick & Leona
Rick & Leona
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 18, 2009 1:00 pm

WOW !

DID YA WAVE?

You couldn't pay for a moment like that !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Rick & Leona » Mon May 18, 2009 1:49 pm

No, didn't even have a chance to get the camera out! They zipped by so fast.
Rick & Leona
Rick & Leona
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dan galvin » Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 pm

WOW what a good time dispite the weather and what a way to bresk in the new tear it had never seen rain before and no leaks :applause: :applause:
Thanks Kurt and Scott for setting up this gathering great lo cal
How about a fall gathering at Indiana Dunes SP :thumbsup: or potato
creek SP ???? I well help in any way i can

Dan
meeting new people is great Thanks all
:applause:
dan galvin
Teardrop Master

Postby Tripmaker » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 am

Rick & Leona wrote:Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. We went to Rockville for breakfast (no dishes to clean up.) Everyone was pretty much gone when we got back.

We made it home from Raccoon Lake ok. We thought we'd never make it through Indianapolis! We took our time leaving...then we stopped in Avon for dinner. We tried to get on I-70 in Indianapolis and there were State Police blocking every east bound on ramp. We saw helicopters flying over head and we thought that there's one heck of a wreck on the interstate. Then, traffic stopped down town and we saw a stream of police motorcycles then the presidental limo and half a dozen black SUV's drove past us. We didn't know that Obama would mess up our travel plans!
Leona & Rick

I thought you were going to say it was shut down for a Miata parade. Last fall the police shut down I-70, 465, and Crawfordsville road so that I and 160 other Miatas could caravan from Rte 267 in Plainfield to the Speedway. That was worth paying for.

We left about 11:30 and it only took us 3 1/4 hours to get home north of Fort Wayne. It was a great weekend even with the rain. I didn't think I would have to eat at all this week after all that food. Thanks to Kurt and Scott for another great event. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Had a great time

Postby indymcmc » Fri May 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Had a great time on my teardrop's first outing, and enjoyed meeting everyone. Looking forward to more outings.
Martha
indymcmc
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks again to everyone that attended and helped to make this a wonderful gathering. Look forward to seeing you all at Chain O Lakes.

My pics finally got them uploaded
http://photobucket.com/Raccoonlake5-09

Oh the food I wasn't hungry for a while

Added note

We have a parade for our local fair, I'd love to get a small handful of people to pull there Tears in the parade and show them off. The parade lasts a little over an hour and starts at 1:30 Sunday July 12.
We could stay Sat at a local campground or come in Sunday morning.
I plan to mount the banner on the front of mine up on polls being as mine is 6'1/2" and the banner is 6' it will look great stuck up high for everyone to see. Plan to have the doors open on mine and let the boys ride inside so people can see in. May even drive with the galley up as you move so slow

Thanks for reading my rambling if interested in showing off let me know.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Scott, thanks for posting the pictures. The variety of trailers is really awesome. Looks like everyone had a good time.

Keep us informed (reminded) about the parade. Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby grider » Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 am

Hi everyone,
We had a great time at our first teardrop rally with our new tear. Nice
place and nice people! We would especially like to thank everyone for
their help and concern shown for our car problems. The local dealer
replaced the camaro's computer under warranty and we got home tuesday