Hoosier/Illini adoption and merger.

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Hoosier/Illini adoption and merger.

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:47 pm

As you might (or might not) have noticed, The "Hoosier" chapter has adopted the campers from Illinois until a Tearjerkers chapter is created for Illinois.

Todd (Tearjerkers founder) has suggested this merger as a result of a question that I had posed to him.

Since we already have a lot of campers that attend the "Hoosier" chapter gatherings, this will at least, give them a "home base" as far as communication and event activity.

In the future, if a new Chapter is formed in Illinois, the members from that state can re-form under a new name if desired.

We welcome all of our past acquaintances from Illinois as well as new ones into our chapter. :applause:

I will add each of the new (adopted) members to my "main email" list so that eveyone is aware of events in the Illinois/Indiana region.

Think spring!! :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:57 pm

We get a bunch of Northern IL people at the St. Croix Chapter gatherings. Can the IL crowd be members of both chapters? We don't want to lose our IL friends.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:06 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:We get a bunch of Northern IL people at the St. Croix Chapter gatherings. Can the IL crowd be members of both chapters? We don't want to lose our IL friends.

Certainly they can. It's all in the spirit of communication and fun. You can be in several chapters at once as far as I understand.

The great part is the membership is just a way to include them in communication and provide a line of communication. It's not meant, in any way, to limit the fun of Teardropping. :)

I've attended other chapter gatherings myself so it's not a problem (it's just a choice of which to attend-if any)

I've been trying for several years to get to one of your gatherings but the timing has been a problem. :cry:

I'll get there one of these days. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm

KOOL I can be an Illinois member too as I an only 40 miles from the border. Hell I have been known to make Sunday Beer runs to that great state when preplanning fails me :lol:

Last edited by bobhenry on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

adoption

Postby tjx » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks Kurt for adopting us into the chapter.... :applause:

We are now members of two great chapters and enjoy reading and keeping up to date with all. The best part is having somewhere to camp whenever you want and meeting all the new people. :thumbsup:

jerry and tina
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:We get a bunch of Northern IL people at the St. Croix Chapter gatherings. Can the IL crowd be members of both chapters? We don't want to lose our IL friends.

Certainly they can. It's all in the spirit of communication and fun. You can be in several chapters at once as far as I understand.

The great part is the membership is just a way to include them in communication and provide a line of communication. It's not meant, in any way, to limit the fun of Teardropping. :)

I've attended other chapter gatherings myself so it's not a problem (it's just a choice of which to attend-if any)

Kurt,

Thanks for your repsonse. I posted something similar on the Illinois State thread on the Tearjerkers forum. We like to share! :beautiful: The more the merrier! :woohoo:

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:I've been trying for several years to get to one of your gatherings but the timing has been a problem. :cry:

I'll get there one of these days. :thumbsup:

We would love to have you! The door (or should I say "the gathering"?) is always open! Check out our 2009 St. Croix Chapter Gatherings on Tearjerkers http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1301

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Illinois Newbie

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Can you please add me to your e-mail list for the Illinois/Indiana Tear events. I would like to attend one, I am camping in an old Jayco pop up right now but have plans to build my own in the future. Thanks Bill
[email protected]
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

welcome

Postby pigcooker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Welcome Wild Bill, Check out the stickys on Midwest, The Starved Rock Gathering and Tears by The River. You will meet some great folks on this forum. Hope to meet ya there. :thumbsup: :applause: Doug & Nan :D :)
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Jst83 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Welcome Bill, we'll sure get you added for future info. Feel free to bring the Jayco and join us. We've got a big gathering coming up Jul 31- Aug 2 at Chain O Lakes in Northern Indiana, still lots of space left.
Here's the link to the thread in the Midwest section about the gathering.
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=544776#544776
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: Illinois Newbie

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Can you please add me to your e-mail list for the Illinois/Indiana Tear events. I would like to attend one, I am camping in an old Jayco pop up right now but have plans to build my own in the future. Thanks Bill
[email protected]
Bill, I've included you on our email list for the Hoosier Chapter. Stay tuned for information regarding our gatherings. :thumbsup:

Most of the information is on the forum, but I like to send out info to the personal emails list so that nobody is left out of the loop. Welcome to the forum.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Thanks

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I cannot make the End of July beginning of Aug event, have plans, am going to try to make Starved Rock. It is not one of my favorite parks in Illinois, Lots of Young kids and no swimming there. They do have mile and miles of scenic river edge trails and thousands of stairs to climb. Seems most all parks are full to capacity during the summer months, that is why camping season really begins the week AFTER labor day to me. I have camped on Thanksgiving weekend!!!! I also have earned by polar bear patch for any old boy scouters out there!!!! Bill
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:16 am

Polar bear huh ?

You might just fit in around here. For bragging rights we are the 1st organized gathering every January. 08 was -1 with a wind chill of -15

09 was much better low single didgits and a 35 mph wind .

Brisk just the way we like it :lol:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Midwest