Tiny travel trailers

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Tiny travel trailers

Postby kenfyoozed » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:52 pm

Ok im looking for plans on tiny travel trailers. I love the tears, but they dont fit me right now. Im working a hurricane relief and need shelter that has its own shower/toilet. And i would like it to be able to have the galley inside, at least 6'8 head room as im 6'3. Im thinking of a dinette to sleep 2 and a couch to turn into a bunk. Almost the same plans as the scamps but smaller. I have an old apache tent camper frame that will hold 900 lbs towing. Its 5x7. I thought of going 6x12 or smaller if its possible. Anyone have any ideas on campers that anyone built that would help as a guide?

Thanks.
Neil

And this is a great site with all of its creativity. :applause:
kenfyoozed
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:58 pm

Ken,

Think T@B. You could build a tab clone that is tall enough for you to stand in, has a dinette and a king sized bed. Instead of a storage closet you could have bath facilities, although your inside galley would probably only be 3 feet wide... but it's do-able....

Mike...

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: Tiny travel trailers

Postby Gage » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:24 pm

kenfyoozed wrote:Ok im looking for plans on tiny travel trailers. I love the tears, but they dont fit me right now. Im working a hurricane relief and need shelter that has its own shower/toilet.........
Thanks.
Neil
Why don't you look around for a vintage travel trailer. You should be able to pick one for a few hundred dollars and you'll have relief right now, not a couple of months down the road. And spend less money.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby angib » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:14 am

Some designs, or ideas, you might want to look at are from 'josephhanson' (member name), the Squidget (from Dale/'cracker39') and the Lemon Drop (sorry, forgotten author). If you do seaches on those names you should get something. Here is Joseph's:

Don't bother with "I don't like the way that looks" as what you are asking for is barely possible, in terms of squeezing a quart into a pint pot (does that expression work in the US?), and appearance will have to be your last consideration. You might want to rethink some of your requirements - for example, why do you need 5" of unused space above your head on the rare occasions you're standing up?

As for actual plans you can buy, look at Glen-L's Sequoia trailer:

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's fairly close and you would at least get other information like how to build it. I should say these plans are now quite old and I've only seen bits of them, so I hope someone here will give you a better comment on them.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby BobR » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:41 pm

Here is a link to the Lemondrop Concept

http://www.bobsteardrop.com/Other_designs.htm
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby kenfyoozed » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:40 am

I think i have designed a trailer i like. It seems to have wound up looking like a lemondrop/ tab cross. I call it the " caruso" , my last name is robinson.

It started as a 6'6wide, 12 foot long. With the dinette in front that converts to a bed. It has a shower/toilet room. A sink and stove side by side.And it has bunks in the rear. When i gave it a tear shape, looks more like a space pod, the overall length came to 14', as it bows out in the front which gave a queen size bed/dinette.

Ive drawn pictures using PAINT. I guess i will post them in my yahoo pics, and link it here.

But my question is, When does a tiny travel trailer no longer become a tiny trailer? Is 14 oal to large?
kenfyoozed
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:47 am

Got a link to your yahoo picts? Sounds like a good design.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kenfyoozed » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 am

ill drop the link later. i havent loaded the pics yet. I downloaded them to a cd to upload them at work as its faster, but then i forgot the cd. Ill try to get them up tonite.
kenfyoozed
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kenfyoozed » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:17 pm

heres the link http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kenfyooze ... ?.dir=d3e2

ill move to the member design forum to give a detail description.
kenfyoozed
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion