Why a TD?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Why a TD?

What else do you put behind a vintage auto?
4%
Thought they were cute.
8%
Needed some thing small / just didn’t need the space
36%
Wanted to build my own camper
30%
Parents had one so I got one to.
1%
Loved the history behind it.
5%
Other let us know.
16%

Total votes : 207

Skiing

Postby dtrdwngfn » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:42 pm

I didn't want to pay the 2 grand it would have cost to rent a condo at the ski resort. I figured I would take the money and get somthing I can use year after year winter and summer.
dtrdwngfn
Teardrop Inspector

Why we did this

Postby Archer_1 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:34 pm

With both kids in college and *far* to busy/cool to go camping with Mom & Dad, our RV was rapidly morphing into a white elephant. The TD is just the right size for the two of us, plus I don't have to drop $80 bucks a month to store the thing. :thumbsup:
Everybody enjoys a good pun; its just that nobody has ever heard one!

2003 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra
Archer_1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BrwBier » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:41 pm

To make a short story long... Ihave camped since I was too young to remember, tent with no floor, then a tent with a floor, then a bigger tent, then a screen room, and on and on. Later, when I first got married, we bought a class A Winabago Brave. The kid grew up, everything changed, the winabago sat. We bought a mini van and a tent. We have passed up so many places to camp for various reasons. Now I want to build a teardrop because it's small enough to go all the back roads we love to explore. Why build one? Because I don't know that I can't. How long have I been interested in teardrops? I Think I must have seen them in the 50s when camping. Lately, I thing a couple of years, but I can't remember for sure.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby critter » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:30 pm

hey all,
this thing is all about thearpy,for the mind and body.i have a pop up that is to much for me to set up and i like the tought of having it ready to go all the time.
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:34 pm

I have a popup but it's alot of trouble setting up and taking down. Haven't used it since the kids left the nest. Went back to the good old tent camping. I like the tear cause it is a hard tent with a built in kitchen and taking down will be as easy as closing the doors, Ready on a moment's notice for next time.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Re: Father Daughter Project

Postby cs_whypt2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:37 pm

larryl wrote:My daughter watched the RV Crazy segment on Tears. We thought it would be a great team project. Just beginning our 5X8 modified Cubby.

Great site.

Larry

I watched RV Crazy and said I wanted to build one, and my mom said I wouldn't be able to. And thus the war started. Plus I liked the people that owned it...like they liked being outdoors, and like the guy said one the special...with them big RVs, you push a button and set up is done, then the people never come out side. Thats no fun.
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:59 am

Visiting grandchildren is expensive if you need a motel. And the motels are rarely quiet. My last trip across the Mississippi was exausting. They can't even claim to be safe for women traveling alone. Mostly just me and I need to be able to handle it alone.

2. Hubby has serious back problem. He needs a real bed, that we pick out. He won't be able to go on a long trip with me but we can enjoy the small ones together.

3. The thought of sleeping in the van with all the windows gives me the creaps.

Miriam :miriams:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby sftiggee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:47 pm

I didn't want the hassle of a pop up with its set up. i used to have a tow low trailer growing up, and even just cranking it up and then down was a pain after awhile. Also considered small camper vans and pickup campers, but i didnt' want hte extra expense of buying a pickup and camper, or a camper van. Cheaper to have a trailer that works with the cars i already have.

i also thought it would look cute as heck behind my beetle (which is does) and now that i have my torino, what else would i put behind it but a teardrop!!!

My family is expanding now so to speak though, so that has created a problem. My bf moved in, and i got two dogs (one of which is 70 pounds!)

last trip I took with all of them, the big dog had to sleep in the car, but he seemed more comfy there than anywhere else. The puppy (see avatar) is a spoiled princess and sleeps with us all the time so teardrop life was easy for her. I think my big dog is gonna have to stay with friends on our TD gatherings as he doesn't like crowds much(lesson learned from Cam's) and most of the gatherings are in summer where he can't chill in the car.

I am seriously considering trading in for a Raindrop in a couple years, especially if things keep going the way they are. ;)

and lastly, i just love their history and although none of my family ever had one, they knew of them and think my trailer is about as nifty as sliced bread.
:D
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Walt M » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Wow, no posts since 2006, I guess I don't have a life. I've camped in a 44' park model, seasonal for 25 years at the same campground. kids grew up in it, now the grand kids are coming around. The TD is for Lynny and I to be together. meeting new friends. Walt
All that is needed for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.
Walt M
The 300 Club

Postby Anthony J Grant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 pm

The wife and I started with a tent years ago and moved up to a pop-up and then into a 32' Terry. Life and a teenage daughter took the wind out of our sails for a while :crazy: , just the two of us now what more do we realy need. :thumbsup:
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

Tony G.
the HOBO HILTON
Anthony J Grant
Teardrop Master

Postby jdarkoregon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:50 pm

I just wanted something different, you know, not boring normal.

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby mechmagcn » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 pm

We have been through the line-up of campers, from a tent to a rather large 5th wheel, but wanted something to tow behind my classic 53 F100 when we go to the car shows. Started searching for small campers and ran across T&TTT site, the rest is history 8)
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby firemaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:49 pm

After looking at what was available, and what I would need to modify to make it work, I decided to start from scratch :thinking:
Chris

When in doubt, run in circles, scream, and shout!
firemaniac
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 am

One of my fellow employees mentioned Teardrops and I of course said
" WHAT "........ I was off and looking everywhere on the internet. Found t&ttt and the rest is just history.

Having downsized from full size vans and pickups to toy cars ( and 40+ MPG) they were a natural.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Nic » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:25 am

I needed something that i could pull behind my beetle. Something that didn't take up much parking room because there is non in LA and you cant park an RV on the streets in my area. Also the price of the camper and the gas used by big trucks. I love vintage stuff. Thought a Teardrop was a better investment than a modern RV that drops in value like a car.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls