TCGB Secret campsite meet

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

TCGB Secret campsite meet

Postby jackdaw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:17 am

Over the last couple of months the Teardrop Club of Great Britain has been growing steadily. Last weekend we had a gathering on the English/ Welsh boarder..in the Forest of Dean , overlooking the Wye vally.

We had a gert lush weekend as did all the trailer folk. There's something about a great view during the day , and a big campfire at night that makes us feel good.

The weather was mostly very kind as well, with a little rain on Saturday night that just made us move closer to the fire for a bit.... until the rain stopped :lol: :lol:It didn't dampen our spirits in any way :lol: :lol:

Chinwaggin at teardrop central :lol: :lol: Chris and Sue traveled up from Penzance on Thursday. They got to use Thypod for the weekend, as they've recently sold their trailer.

Geoff and his little guy trailer. It's thought to be the first one imported to the country 5 years ago. It's got a custom Littleguy side tent..... Rare as rocking horse wotsit over here.

Geoff organised a Spitfire fly by for us on Saturday lunchtime :D

Dan brought the Roswell from Northampton ... It's out of this world :lol: :lol:

Adi came down from Luton with the 49 cabincar he built with his dad over a couple of years

I was really pleased we got the Tird done in time for the trip, Thanks go to Chris for the hand on Thursday night . He was on flaps duty (holding the light)

White Elephant took a break from his hecktic weekends on the house, and stayed over for a night :D :D Not sure you'll be able to see his camo Weekender.

We had us a convoy down the M4 on Sunday..... I think we had a few looks :lol: :lol:

Here's a shot taken Saturday night.

The fire

Thanks to John for visiting on Saturday, with a sample of truck side that looks perfect for a teardrop build :D

It was a shame that a few had to pull out at the last minute, and a few others didn't make it for whatever reason. They missed a cracking weekend.

The rest of the photos are here
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/ ... ps%202010/

We had to take Jess' stuff up to London as soon as we got back....110 miles each way. :shock: We didn't get home till 11.30. It seemed mad after having such a chillin weekend, with beautiful views, to be driving through the middle of London , with all the hussle and bussel. I know where I'd rather be :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the next trip already.

Cheers Dave
Last edited by jackdaw on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:04 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...thanks Dave, for sharing from your side of the Pond...the TD'ing spirit is truly international...and that's a REALLY good thing :applause: :applause:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 am

:thumbsup: Looks like a really fun time. Sure wish we could come over the pond, though you can keep the driving in London.... :? All that backward stuff :shock: :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 am

Dave,

Looks like you guys had a great time. It's always fun to get away from the city for a while. Glad to hear the weather was on your side for most of the time. Makes camping so much more fun.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby jackdaw » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 am

It was a fantastic weekend, and I hope we can all get back to the same campsite in spring.
We had the camera with us as we drove through London, and I got Rosie to take a few shots....
This one just about sums up the fun of driving in our capital

I was a little bit concerned about Jess feeling home sick moving up to the city. She's had a view of teardrops outside her window for the last few years.
I was delighted to see the view from her new window

Did you see it ?

The teardrop skip :lol: :lol: :lol: It should be there for long enough for her to settle in. :lol: :lol:

jackdaw
500 Club

Postby Mark72 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 pm

If that truck side is the same thing as what I used for my build you will be pleased with it! 9 ply marine grade 1/2 inch ply with fiberglass bonded to both sides. Sweet stuff but a little hard on blades.

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 pm

:? :? And their all goin the wrong way!!!!! :lol: :lol: Really it was cold and misty when I went over but I loved London shops.... ;)
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jackdaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Mark72 wrote:If that truck side is the same thing as what I used for my build you will be pleased with it! 9 ply marine grade 1/2 inch ply with fiberglass bonded to both sides. Sweet stuff but a little hard on blades.

Mark

It seems to be the same stuff Mark. 'A little hard on blades' is a small price to pay for a good weather proof finish. It would be idea for matching the tear with tow tow vehicle. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby jackdaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Image

:? :? And their all goin the wrong way!!!!! :lol: :lol: Really it was cold and misty when I went over but I loved London shops.... ;)

One good thing about going to London , is that it makes me glad we live in a sleepy little town. :thumbsup: I can't say I'm one for busy hussle and bussle. :? :?
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 am

Wow looky at them nice Euro Tears ,, Just a beautiful site to see. But driving thru London on the wrong side of the road Id have to have an extra set of Huggies with. :lol: :lol: :lol: Or hire a local driver :D

Nice pics :applause: :applause:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:57 pm

:D Wow! What terrific pictures! It looks like you all had a good time, camping and caravanning, promoting tear-dropping for the on-lookers.

What a great variety of teardrops, too! Keep it up and you just might out-do us crazy 'Mericans! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jackdaw » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Thank you both for your kind comments.

Sharon I only ever dream of having a meet any where near the size of some of the gathering you have over there. Interest is definatly on the up though, so who knows where we'll be in a few more years.

Now we have the new trailer campable, the time has come to sell #1
I had a bit of a result at the weekend. We sold Thypod on Ebay. We had a reserve of £5000 on it, and recieved the bid a good day and a bit before the end of the auction. The buyer put another bid on on the final day, but noone was bidding against him. I think the new owner's very happy, as are we.
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Proof that you built it well. That seems like a lot of money to me but I haven't looked at the exchange rate for years.... :oops:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Two Showers » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 am

I was one of those that couldn't make the meet due to me going in and out of hospital for tests on my spine and the addition of Sarah's Dad being very poorly.
Last edited by Two Showers on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They said "Smile, things could be worse"....

So I smiled, and things got worse.

I am a true descendant of the Hobbits.

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Brilliant weekend

Postby v8dren » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:52 am

Can only agree with all the comments dave it was a great weekend, despite my mishap at the beginning, the journey was great from Luton and it was the furthest i dragged the Cabin car, 393 mile round trip. Good company and great location, look forward to meetings this year :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
v8dren
Teardrop Inspector

Return to National/International