Welcome newbies, read this please

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Welcome newbies, read this please

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:50 am

Welcome to our little group of builders and dreamers. We are glad you found us, if I may, here is a little advice:
1) spend some time familiarizing yourself with the board and a lotta time reading past posts...there is a good chance your question has been asked before and you may find the answer there...if not you will learn a bunch anyway and can still ask away
2) look at the pics in the "Hall of Fame" and at members personal albums, both accessible at the top of page
3) checkout members websites and build journals...available thru buttons at the bottom of members posts
4) think loooooooong and hard about what you have to have Vs, what you think you want...A TD or TTT is not an all inclusive RV but rather a giant step up from tent camping
5) semi-settle on a design and certain options that are somewhat close to your skill level...and don't be afraid to reach above that level. One of the most important design considerations is the K.I.S.S. principle (keep it simple stupid)...something almost all of us come back to on a regular basis
6) when you registered, a personal album was created for you on this board, it is accessible by clicking on the "album" button at the top. You can post pics to this album from your PC but they first have to be resized to 640x480(approx). Further instructions can be found by clicking "help with photos" at the top of this page. We want ya to take lottsa pics, and upload them to your album...why, because we luv da pics and you will want to show 'em off to your friends when they ask..."you really built that yourself"
7) when you do start posting, introduce yourself first and tell us a little about yourself and what you ultimately intend to do...you wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers and start asking who/what/when/where and demanding answers...that would be rude and would be considered the same here

Now, that you have done all of that, your questions will be much easier for us to answer and for you to understand our answers and believe me you will get lotsa answers...sooooo get to dreamin' and buildin' and once again...Welcome to the addiction of TearDrops and TinyTravelTrailers :D :thumbsup: :applause:

madjack 8)

p.s. oh yeah, one last thing....many of us are nuts, so a healthy sense of humor is a necessity...if don't believe that, just take a look at the full range of available emoticons or at my sig at the bottom of this post
Last edited by madjack on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby goldcoop » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:02 pm

Hey all-

Another GREAT tool is the "links" above, then go to "Sources of Supply", You will find the major suppliers that most of us use!

Lots of good reading there; Too bad my computer isn't next to the john!

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:07 am

that is right COOP, lottsa good info in "links", "albums" and "help with photos" buttons at the top of every page....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Newbie here, Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby kirtsjc » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Newbie :D here, pic is in my Album.

Not sure which way to go :? : buy new or used, buy a shell and trick it out myself, or go the virgin ground up way...

Got lots of reading to do here on T&TTT for short...

From what I have read so far, I just know I will find lots of help when I overcome my stubborness :x and :cry: for help.

TTYL!
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Welcome aboard the board for builders, dreamers and schemers, I see you have an old and dear friend for a lap warmer :D ...you already have the hard part down...puttin' pics in an album...keep on readin' and decidin' and don't be afraid to ask your questions...we'll be here with an answer (of some sort) :lol:
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Micro469 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:20 pm

You posted this especially for me didn't you? :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

another newbie

Postby Steve M » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:19 pm

hello everyone,

well i am new to the TD and TTT scene. i actually i saw the show on the travel chanel and i was intrigued with the things,i like the look of the TD, but i am thinking i want some thing a little bigger.and a little easier to build. i realy like the TTT of Rick Kellers Road Toad, and David Byrum's and George Teague's rigs. the square shape should be a lot easier to build.but i will not be starting to build any time soon, a lot going on here,lol. plus i need to do a lot more reading here, to determine exactly what i want. not sure how far i would be traveling to camp.towing is not an issue, i have a full size pick up. i have been a welder for years, and am fairly good at building things from wood.i think the electriacl will be my biggest challange,but i am sure all you guys and gals can help with that.lol

Steve
Steve M
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi Steve, Welcome aboard. I'm sure the Admins will catch up with you soon and start asking for all kinds of info. Do what I did and read and learn until your totally confused :? and then go out into the workshop and start.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby madjack » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:29 am

...with the slew on newbies joining in the last couple of daze all I can say is bumpity bump bump...................... 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby CHUCKLEHEAD69 » Sat May 27, 2006 1:14 pm

lllll
JUDE ------- "Laissez les bons temps rouler. let the good times roll"
CHUCKLEHEAD69
Teardrop Master

Postby Lynne » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:27 pm

I am new here and have been reading more than I am use to since I joined. Starting to get a headache. LOL I have been trying to go into the Links and have been getting a parse error. Is that on my computer or is there something wrong else where. What I know about computers is how to mess them up, nothing else.

I am thinking about building a tear drop soon. As soon as time and money permit that is. Clara and I like to camp and right now we tent camp but packing that tent in that little bag is getting to the best of me. When we decide exactly what we want we are going to make the kitchen to use our existing camping equipment for awhile.

You have a great site here and I have been enjoying myself reading all the infomation and posts by members.
Lynne
Teardrop Builder

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Lynne wrote:I am new here and have been reading more than I am use to since I joined. Starting to get a headache. LOL I have been trying to go into the Links and have been getting a parse error. Is that on my computer or is there something wrong else where. What I know about computers is how to mess them up, nothing else.

I am thinking about building a tear drop soon. As soon as time and money permit that is. Clara and I like to camp and right now we tent camp but packing that tent in that little bag is getting to the best of me. When we decide exactly what we want we are going to make the kitchen to use our existing camping equipment for awhile.

You have a great site here and I have been enjoying myself reading all the infomation and posts by members.

Welcome Lynne (and any others) Where is Klondike, TX? Watch the South Central thread for up coming campouts and gatherings, and hopefully you can at least come by one and see some of our "eye candy" haha ..
BTW Clara? Who is that?

I am in the midst of building mine, and wouldn't be near this far without my neighbors big help and this forum!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:45 pm

Hello Lynne, welcome aboard. I don't really think the 'links' works. Check out the 'Hall of Fame'. Click of the wording to go to a list/pictures of the many teardrops of the members here on the board. Once in there, just click on a picture of your choice and you'll be transported to thier web page.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Joanne » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:01 am

Hi Lynne,

Welcome to the list. You don't have to be crazy to hang out here, but it helps. I'm also building a trailer, though technically not a teardrop. Hope that time and money permit you to build your own. I've learned a lot as I've progressed through the process. I am at the point where I just want to be done and out camping.

Welcome aboard,
Joanne

Lynne wrote:I am new here and have been reading more than I am use to since I joined. Starting to get a headache. LOL I have been trying to go into the Links and have been getting a parse error. Is that on my computer or is there something wrong else where. What I know about computers is how to mess them up, nothing else.

New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Ma3tt » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:44 am

And check the T&TTT Map link add yourself and your favorite camp spots.
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves