enclosure around teardrop door

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

enclosure around teardrop door

Postby Italia » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:41 pm

We need ideas for a enclosure around the teardrop door so we can stand up to get dress. As basic as a umbrella or as complicated as ?

Thanks,
Italia
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:45 pm

Here's what I've done. 10 yards of cloth, hand full of snaps, a couple of polls and straps and wala it's up in less than a minute. Also, all sides roll up.

Have a good day.
8)
Seems like I posted this somewhere else. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:01 pm

Gage--

That looks too simple and straightforward for a teardropper. :lol: So tell us, how many times have you tripped over the lines coming down to the ground?

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby bobinohio » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Gage wrote:Here's what I've done. 10 yards of cloth, hand full of snaps, a couple of polls and straps and wala it's up in less than a minute. Also, all sides roll up.

Thats the kind of thing I've been looking for! :thumbsup:

Lessee, another couple of poles in the middle so I get 6' plus of headroom... and... of course a floor, and then a "skirt" at the bottom of the tear to block the wind and... that should be complicated enough for the most craz... err dedicated tear'er (sp?)

Bob
bobinohio
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:01 pm

Oh, and the area is basicly 5'x5' with the hichest point being 6' and can go higher. I can also pull the side out, add two more polls and have an added sun shade 6 feet futher out by 5' wide. Been thinking about 'wrap around skirting', but that's way down on the list.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:20 pm

Here's a photo of one of the coolest side enclosures I've seen, it won an award for best idea at the ITG in Minden last year.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Gage » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:07 am

That's one of the East Coast Teardrops, from Connecticut I believe. Real nice, I looked at that one real close.
Here's another one that used an awning rail and is a little more simple.

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 am

Wow Kevin, that's a good one. That could be sold as a tent for those who don't have a teardrop yet. I wonder if he has a patent on that yet? :twisted:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobinohio » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:10 am

Gage wrote:That's one of the East Coast Teardrops, from Connecticut I believe. Real nice, I looked at that one real close.
Here's another one that used an awning rail and is a little more simple.

Have a good day.
8)

GREAT!

Is that coffee pot on the back a Black and Decker "Smart Brew"? Some memorize football players names; I have other priorities ;) !

My problems (one of them anyway ;) ) are solved. I just gotta stand up to put my long johns and pants on properly! These are the best of both worlds- easy towing and no set up if desired or spend a few extra minutes if your going to be in a place a few days.

Gage,

Are the "snaps" you used on yours are the normal hardware store type (brand name is "General" in my area) or something more heavy duty? Very nice set up.

Thank you. Now my search for a frame can start in earnest.

Bob
bobinohio
Teardrop Builder

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:38 am

Bob,

I had one these made (based on Gage's) and the snaps are the same ones that are used for toneau covers, etc. I made up a drawing and had a local canvas guy make it for me. I think it was around $225.00, if my CRS is not to bad today! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby gailkaitschuck » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:26 am

I made one out of PVC pipe and shower curtains (the pipe was 3/4"; fit into 3/4" PVC end caps attached to the side of the tear drop). To keep the curtains from blowing in the wind, I made a sleeve at the bottom of each shower curtain and weighted these down with 3/4" PVC pipe filled with sand.

For those looking for "cheap" (really cheap; under $10 for everything) and tacky.

Have now graduated to vinyl cloth purchased as a remnant from a local cloth store; knocked grommets into the top to attach the shower curtain rings to the PVC pipe. Also placed grommets along the side to tie the sides together for privacy.

More expensive. I think around $20 (maybe $25).

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Postby madjack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 am

...source for PVC fittings, etc., to be used in building stuff
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/pvc.shtml
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:52 am

Here are some more good examples:

Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:55 am

That T@B one is cool. I like the one's that follow the conture of the trailers.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:01 am

Bledsoe,

Even though I'm a long way from needing an enclosure, :( I'm realizing a teardrop is lower than my head, when standing, so an enclosure needs to be taller than the trailer. The ones that slip into the channel and follow the lines of the trailer (at least on a teardrop) make it impossible to stand up straight when exiting the trailer. :thinking: Just a thought for you.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Next

Return to General Discussion