New Modular Kit Camper Design

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby MikeW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Great idea! Really like the concept for more than just a trailer but as portable, modular shelters as well! Would be great for construction site offices or hunting cabin/retreat. :thumbsup:
MikeW
Teardrop Builder

Postby steve smoot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Larry, I was looking through your site and came across the Teal Cabins. We were talking about living in small houses on another thread. These sure are neat little structures.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby Bikerman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Neat rlg! I thought about something similar after looking at my dad's modual outdoor building, it snaps and screws together, got it at Lowes severalyears ago.

I guess you can drop it off and use it anywhere. Nice little hunting/lake cabin. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Bikerman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby L Bob Rife » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 pm

This is the kind of kit I'm looking for. Is LD still around to answer questions? :thinking: Most importantly, of course, is what became of the Jan production date? Has anybody put down a deposit on one of these and what are the expectations for delivery?
L Bob Rife
Teardrop Inspector

Postby StandUpGuy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

Nice first post. :)
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby L Bob Rife » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 am

StandUpGuy wrote:Nice first post. :)

Yeah, I guess I skipped the introduction. :)

Long time reader, but first time poster.

I'll probably send Mr Drake an email, to see what's up with his production plans.
L Bob Rife
Teardrop Inspector

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Yeah right.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby L Bob Rife » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 am

StandUpGuy wrote:Yeah right.

Am I missing something? Is there a problem? Or are you just being passive agressive? Great way to welcome new members, btw.
L Bob Rife
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bdosborn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I think he thinks you're a spammer, we're pretty protective around here. But welcome to the site!

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby L Bob Rife » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:09 pm

bdosborn wrote:I think he thinks you're a spammer, we're pretty protective around here. But welcome to the site!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the greeting! My preference would be to build my own TD, but I currently don't have the proper workspace to self-build, so I've been looking at options like cargo conversion and especially rapid build techniques like this Teal modular design. It's not the most beautiful or elegant thing I've seen, but it's quickly built and meets functional needs.

My concern when I visited their website was that all the delays ("we're going into production any time now") meant that this is/was not a real product.

I hoped that somebody here had more information on the realness of the product.
L Bob Rife
Teardrop Inspector

Postby StandUpGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 pm

L Bob Rife wrote:

Am I missing something? Is there a problem? Or are you just being passive agressive? Great way to welcome new members, btw.
If you are not associated with the guy developing the product then I apologize. It is just there seems to be several people with only a couple of post heaping praise on this conceptual product. Kind of fishy if you ask me.

Any way welcome to the forum.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:43 pm

lewcrippen12 wrote:HI guys,

Design is really nice.I love it.

Thanks

Regards
Lew Crippen

Adding a Basement Bathroom
For example. One post only.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Gird strap concerns

Postby StandUpGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

jooz wrote:
Larry Drake wrote:
As far as concerns about someone cutting the strap, it is cinched tight against the panels and it would be difficult to get a knife blade under the strap. Cutting a 2 inch cargo strap is not an easy task. Even with a sharp knife and a loose strap it takes a lot of hacking and sawing. Of course a person with a sharp knife could also slash your tires, break a window, scratch your car or jimmy your lock. :twisted:

It's really hard to cut a 2 inch cargo strap even if its too sharp knife used in cutting?
And this. One post only.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby L Bob Rife » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 pm

StandUpGuy wrote:
L Bob Rife wrote:

If you are not associated with the guy developing the product then I apologize. It is just there seems to be several people with only a couple of post heaping praise on this conceptual product. Kind of fishy if you ask me.

Any way welcome to the forum.

Well, Since you responded to my second post, it kinda throws the "lone gunman" theory out the window.

In any case, I'm not a bot, shill, plant or associate. Just a guy trying to put a trailer together.
L Bob Rife
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Duckjf » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Well just to add to Standupguys agitation I will make this my first post also. Hello my name is Jeff and i have been looking around for a couple of months and find this to be a very interesting idea. Has anyone seen this product in person perhaps at a trade or RV show? if so any input?I like the concept of it being modular for the cabin style but am wondering how you strap it for the weather tight sealing with the web (ratchet) strap?
Duckjf
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Non-traditional Designs