Pet Cool Question

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Pet Cool Question

Postby JunkMan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:47 pm

I just bought a 2000 btu Pet Cool on ebay, and was wondering if those of you that use them can give me some advise for plumbing the vents. Since I'm just starting my cabinets, I can pretty much put the vents where I want (or where they should be).

Any suggestions for the best placement of the intake and outlet vents? The seller states that the tubes are 2" PVC, is that large enough, or should I make my ducts larger and adapt them down to a 2" fitting on the end to connect to the Pet Cool?

Do my ducts need to be metal like a normal heat duct, or can I just use a duct made out of plywood?

Anything else I need to consider, besides an appropriately placed electrical outlet?
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Check in my photos listed below.

I modified my PetCool to use standard 3 in RV sewer hose that can be bought anywhere. Easy enough to do. If the pics on my site are not enough I will e-mail you more.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby JunkMan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:49 am

Thanks Kai,

I couldn't remember who had pet cools! I assume that the vents near your cabinet are the air coming into the trailer? Where are your vents for the exhaust air going out? I like the access panel you use to hide the vents, is that just a generic access panel you can get at a RV store?

The plastic pipe looks easy, I might do that, but was thinking about making a wood duct so I could make it thin and wide and fit it in behind the cupboards, just wondering if wood would work OK.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:45 pm

JunkMan
The return air is under the cabinet. I just made a wood box in the cabinet and used one of those small vents from Home Depot.

The access door came from a marine store. Probably available at an RV place.

I think wood would work fine for the ducts. I suggest that you use more than one outlet in the tear so that the velocity of the air is less with the same amount of air coming out.

Good luck
kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques