Caprock Canyons June 24th-26th

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby edevans » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm

We went to Caprock Canyons last week just to look around as we had not been there in 7 or 8 years and it looks good. Still some sign of the fire that went through there but not bad and the camp grounds looks good,we should have a great camp out. Cindy, Lake Theo does have swimming and fishing,did not check it out real close but I thank they have an area with a sandy beach. There should be something for everyone to enjoy, some nice hiking trails and some challenging climbing trails,fishing,swiming and relaxing and eating. We are ready to go!! Also, was not crowded at all,may have the place almost to ourselves. See you all soon. Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Cindy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Looking forward to seeing you all too. Will pack the swim suit and hope for the best. Mom and Dad both passed away this last spring so I am in need of some cheering up.
On another subject. Ruby - bless her - usually does breakfast on Saturday. Are you all going to do that? I said I would make pancakes for everyone with sausages. That should be enough if she wants to let me do breakfast this time. No need to haul all the ovens she usually brings.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby edevans » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi,This is Ruby, I am using Ed's sign on(lol). That's what he gets for leaving the room with the computer on.
Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss,it is so hard to give up the ones we love.
I am giving Ed a break and not bringing as much stuff as usual (he just had a birthday and he is not old yet but is getting close to it )also I didn't want him to have to load and unload too much in the heat. Sausage and pancakes sound great, we can bring Orange Juice and any thing you can think of to help out with the breakfast. This is gonna be so much fun. Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby CASHCOW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 am

edevans wrote:We went to Caprock Canyons last week just to look around as we had not been there in 7 or 8 years and it looks good. Still some sign of the fire that went through there but not bad and the camp grounds looks good,we should have a great camp out. Cindy, Lake Theo does have swimming and fishing,did not check it out real close but I thank they have an area with a sandy beach. There should be something for everyone to enjoy, some nice hiking trails and some challenging climbing trails,fishing,swiming and relaxing and eating. We are ready to go!! Also, was not crowded at all,may have the place almost to ourselves. See you all soon. Ed & Ruby

We have stayed there several times over the past couple of years. There is fishing in the lake as well as swimming. It is my understanding that because the lake is INSIDE a TEXAS park, you dont have to have a fishing license. but you better check that one out. ;) The hiking path is awesome as well. Mike and I will be checking in with the rangers early on Thursday. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Brenda (CASHCOW)
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

reservation numbers

Postby CASHCOW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:11 am

If you have made reservations for CCG, Please pm me your reservation numbers. Justin and Katy I have yours already. I would like to have them when we go down so that we can get everyone as close as possible... even though there is only ONE camping area... :lol: :R

Mike and I talked about putting up a big tarp area in the central area for those who want to sit and gab. Mike is working on rigging up a mister so that it will help that area to be a bit cooler........

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby CASHCOW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 am

edevans wrote:Hi,This is Ruby, I am using Ed's sign on(lol). That's what he gets for leaving the room with the computer on.
Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss,it is so hard to give up the ones we love.
I am giving Ed a break and not bringing as much stuff as usual (he just had a birthday and he is not old yet but is getting close to it )also I didn't want him to have to load and unload too much in the heat. Sausage and pancakes sound great, we can bring Orange Juice and any thing you can think of to help out with the breakfast. This is gonna be so much fun. Ruby

Mike and I will bring SAUSAGE GRAVY and some biscuits of some kind. That will make it easier on everyone.
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby CASHCOW » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am

spinnernut wrote:looks like were going to make this trip schools out :applause:

Hey Danny, rumor has it that you might not be coming :cry: :cry: :cry: ..... I believe that there are balloons with your name written on them ;) ;) and it will be a very LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg shot if we have to sling them to your house. :oops:

Hope yall get to come.
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm

:cry: It doesn't look like we'll make it. Had breathing problems going to Minden (ITG) and ended up turning around and going back home. Looks like I'm down to 5800 feet that I have problems breathing even with oxygen. I was really looking forward to being there. Marianne also won't be there. She helped Tanya get me home. :(
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby james worley » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Sure is quiet,are we ready to go camping? 8)
james worley
Teardrop Master

Postby james worley » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Gage i hate that your not going to make it.I was wanting to meet you.Hope your health gets better.
james worley
Teardrop Master

Postby Harold Butler » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello James, I have been to busy getting everything together to go, as I think most others are> I will be there early on Thursday, and looking forward to meeting you, I might have met you last year at Palo Duro Canyon, however that was my first gathering and the rain and wind had me pretty busy. Hopefully I am more seasoned this year. :thumbsup:
Harold Butler
Silver Donating Member

Postby davel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm

james worley wrote:Gage i hate that your not going to make it.I was wanting to meet you.Hope your health gets better.

Gage, I agree, I was looking forward to see you again. Hope you get better.
davel
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:19 am

We had bookmarked this event as a can't miss but life has thrown us many curveballs since Beavers Bend. Please enjoy the gathering and take lots of pictures. Gage - I look forward to meeting you at LCG this fall.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby CASHCOW » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 am

We will miss those of you who will not be able to attend CCG. We look forward to seeing you at a future gathering.

For those of you who are coming, we pray for safe travel and look forward to seeing you this weekend. I am so ready for a gathering. It has been a longgggggggggg winter........lol
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

update

Postby CASHCOW » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 am

Just got off the phone with one of the Rangers... Burn ban still in effect. No Charcoal or fires. Propane ok...but they "strongly recommend it be used with care."

Fishing is good in lake. No boats because water is down. No license required. Swimming is good as well............ :lol: :lol:
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central