Tv,s - Stereo Setup in your Builds

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Tv,s - Stereo Setup in your Builds

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 pm

With those of you enjoying camping with your teardrops..
What kind of Teardroppers Entertainment Centers do you have? Or use

Would you have photos of your setups?

Im planning the Stereo and Tv Setup here for our Build....And what type to use.. :thinking:

Classic Finn ;)

PS. Im trying to keep my mind occupied regardless of the situation at hand.. And this helps..with all of you here..
Last edited by Classic Finn on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby TomS » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:53 pm

On our maiden voyage, we used an XM radio and a small boombox. For the upcomming season, I plan to buy a portable DVD player to watch movies on rainy nights.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm

:thumbsup: I just put in a 15" LCD 12 volt TV in and always take my Coleman radio latern flashlight combo.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:16 pm

TomS wrote:On our maiden voyage, we used an XM radio and a small boombox. For the upcomming season, I plan to buy a portable DVD player to watch movies on rainy nights.

We don't do radio when camping, but we take a laptop computer to watch DVDs.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 pm

emiller wrote::thumbsup: I just put in a 15" LCD 12 volt TV in and always take my Coleman radio latern flashlight combo.

Do you have photos of that?

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:21 pm

toypusher wrote:
TomS wrote:On our maiden voyage, we used an XM radio and a small boombox. For the upcomming season, I plan to buy a portable DVD player to watch movies on rainy nights.

We don't do radio when camping, but we take a laptop computer to watch DVDs.

Thats what I use on trips as well, labtop with some dvd,s along..external
speakers hooked up..

Classic Finn

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 pm

Finn,

Yess, I agree, you really do want to use external speakers. The built ins jsut don't cut it!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Bob Klope » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:32 pm

In our Midget Trailer we installed a regular am/fm/cd player with two speakers inside the cabin and two in the galley. Later on we added a 15" LCD tv with a DVD player. This past January we added a converter and extra battery so we could watch DVD's while dry camping in Death Valley.

Bob Klope
Clovis, Ca
Bob Klope
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Boodro » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:19 pm

I had originaly installed a 200.00 am/fm/cd car stereo with7x9 inch speakers in the cab with 2 , 4 inch speakers in the galley. I removed all of it after turning it on & deciding there was no way I needed that much wattage(45) in that small of space. I use a small boombox w/cd player ,its portable , & doesn't take up much room. I would never consider turning up music LOUD in a camp ground, I know I don't relish the thought of a neighbor turning up there music to the point of annoyance . The portable is more than enough to annoy. I could put a small TV if I wanted to , but I don't plan on watching any. I can do that at home. If its raining , I'm takin a nap! :thumbsup:
Just my 2 sense ! which ani't worth much! :lol: :lol:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 pm

This is my original set up. DVD player with PC speaker and subwoofer. Nice and simple.
Recently I bought a drop down 7.2 TV (which my wife wanted for the kitchen). She decided it was too much money and said "take it back". I took it back alright (to the garage) and installed it in the camper. I use an amplified antenna (radio shack) and it usually picks up 3-4 channels wherever I go.
It's great for a rainy day or for falling asleep at night. Just to be sure I get to sleep, I bought a CD set of "The Best of Johnny Carson". That should do it; it always did when he was on TV. :thumbsup: :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:09 am

Heikki, The one and only entertainment I have inour trailer is FM radio/cd/mp3 player. When we go camping TV does not fit into the equation.
Cheers
Paul
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby cracker39 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:50 am

As we won't be spending a lot of time camping, we're going cheap with entertainment. We will take along a 13" TV from my wife's hobby room and maybe a small FM/AM/CD boom box. I'll probably pick up a cheap DVD player from WM for movies. I have some small external speakers we may use for both. I will spend more on a pop-up amplified antenna than the total cost of the other items. If we have the TV, my wife wants to make sure we get good reception so we have something on it to watch.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby David Niver » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:52 am

After carrying a tv on several trips we decided that the Laptop with external speakers for DVDs and Music works better.
It takes up less room I can put hours of mp3s on it and can hold a lot of pictrues to bother people with.
David Niver :)
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby cracker39 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:13 am

David, the laptops sure do offer a lot of uses in a small package. Several members use them. I just never cared much for laptops, and besides, I build my own PCs too, so I just have a desk model, so it won't go camping with me.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:15 am

We used a 15" LCD television connected to an antenna, cable tv lead (for when cable is available) and to a DVD mounted in a cabinet.
TV. and DVD. are run with remotes, so most everything is hidden.
Both are 12 Volt DC, and the DVD also plays music CD's, though as was pointed out, the stock speakers sound like sick mice :thumbdown:
We have a (disposable) battery powered extenal speaker setup for music and movies.

In the past, in other campers, we've just carried a cheap 13" tv, but it is such a pain to have to stow it each time, and it occupies a large area on a counter...
Thin wall mounted screen is a definate plus! :thumbsup:

Rob

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Next

Return to General Discussion