Hyde Memorial SP Santa Fe, NM

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Hyde Memorial SP Santa Fe, NM

Postby Justin & Katy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Katy and I were planning to go to Sugarite Canyon SP over the weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. Then we heard that they were expecting snow so we diecided to go to Villnueva SP instead. We showed up there at about 1:00 PM on Friday and they were completely full! Frustrated, we left for Hyde Memorial SP. Neither of us had ever been so we didn't know what to expect. We arrived at the park about 5:00 PM and pulled into a great spot. I unhooked the trailer and was spinning it around when it began to roll. Long story short...my ring finger was caught between the coupler and a retaining wall at the campsite. We made a rush trip to the ER in Santa Fe for x-rays and six stitches later we were back at our campsite. It was pouring in Santa Fe and as we worked our way up the mountain the rain turned to snow. We unloaded everything and got into the teardrop at about 10. Needless to say we were cold and exhausted. We woke up the next morning to about five inches of snow! Cashcow was gracious enough to make the five hour trip to help us out throughout the weekend. (We didn't have to twist their arm too hard ;) ) The weekend turned out to be wonderful. We took a ton of pictures of the foliage and snow. I've posted some but be sure to go to my photobucket to see the rest of the pictures. Cashcow decided to drive through the Black Forrest Campground which is part of the National Park that is up there. From what they told us, it sounds like they have brand new facilites there. We're definitley going back but next time we'll stay in the national campground intsead.

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab318/jstnfrd/Santa%20Fe%202011/
Justin & Katy
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

gorgeous pics. i hope your finger is healing well.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby CASHCOW » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Glad to be of assistance. Hated to "barge in" on the weekend but it sure was a beautiful. Even though it snowed, the day was pretty and the colors were amazing. The campgrounds at BLACK CANYON have been completely re-done and they are very nice. Mike and I will certainly take the CASHCOW back up that direction.
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby CASHCOW » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Glad to be of assistance. Hated to "barge in" on the weekend but it sure was a beautiful. Even though it snowed, the day was pretty and the colors were amazing. The campgrounds at BLACK CANYON have been completely re-done and they are very nice. Mike and I will certainly take the CASHCOW back up that direction. We need to add our pics to our photobucket as well. Justin, glad your finger is healing. I dont get grossed out to often but that picture Katy sent me :? :shock: :O reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grossed me out!
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby edevans » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 am

Hope your finger is healing well. Too bad your trip got off to such a bad start but glad all of your were able to make a great trip out of your adventure. The pic are great and seems like you all managed to have a nice time. When life gives you a lemon make lemonade and that is what you did. That's the camping spirit. Some change from camping in 114degrees to snow. Do you guys have a middle ground? LOL Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Return to South Central