Deltran Model Selection

Anything electric, AC or DC

Deltran Model Selection

Postby Loader » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 am

I managed to get the tear wired up, all works great, however, I need to put in a charger. I am planning on using the Deltran, just need to decide on a model.

For you that use the Deltran Battery Tender, I am trying to decide which model I want/need. I have read the Battery Tender and BatteryMart websites.

First off, what is the advantage of using the 12V 6A vs using the 12V 1.25A model? Is it recharge time?

Also, I have yet to find where it cleary states the Deltran can be used as a Power Source, in other words, charging the Battery while using the Battery. Can it? Here is the Deltran tech data link:
Tech Data

Thanks all.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:08 pm

Earl, No wonder you appreciated my battery info post. Seems to have come up at the right time for you.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Loader » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Yep, perfect timing Paul. Like I said, wires are in, I have a battery, just trying to get the right/proper/best charger.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:14 pm

:thumbsup: I just ordered the 12volt 6amp water proof one because it said it will with stand vibrations plus being water proof.
http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=DEL-022-0157-1
emiller
Donating Member

Postby BrwBier » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 pm

As for using the battery while charging it, the faq section states that it is alright to do this. Although this is stated for the 12v 1.25A model. Found on left side of main page under Information Links. FAQ's question #11
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Deltran Battery Tender Plus Vs. Power Tender Plus Waterproof

Postby sdtripper2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 pm

Earl:

You asked two questions:

You asked first : First off, what is the advantage of using the Power Tender Plus Waterproof = 12V 6Avs using the Battery Tender Plus = 12V 1.25A model? Is it recharge time?

Here is the answer: TheBattery Tender Plus = 12V 1.25A model is ideal for most applications: Automobiles, Motorcycles, Planes, RV's, ATV's, Golf Carts, Trucks & general use.

Power Tender Plus Waterproof = 12V 6A besides being waterproof and can take vibration it can Charge/Maintain up to 4 batteries (of similar type - in parrallel) from the one connector. So the extra current is for maintaining more batteries at the same level as the Battery Tender Plus model.
Note: These units operate and perform exactly like the Battery Tender Plus single output unit. The major difference is that the DC output current is higher at 5.0 Amps compared to 1.25 Amps with the 12 Volt model. Also, the absorption to float transition occurs at 0.4 amp, compared to 0.l amp on the Battery Tender Plus. = Yes to recharge time faster.

You asked second: Also, I have yet to find where it clearly states the Deltran can be used as a Power Source, in other words, charging the Battery while using the Battery. Can it?

In the Tech data under Frequently Asked Questions
http://batterytender.com/faqs.php/#3

Answer 2:
11. Can I leave the Battery Tender Plus battery charger connected to a battery while I’m using the battery to power another appliance like a radio?

Yes, you can leave the Battery Tender Plus battery charger connected to a battery even when the battery is being used. As far as the Battery Tender Plus battery charger is concerned, the appliance just makes the battery look like it’s not fully charged.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Selection guide] Has important questions to be answered by anyone deciding what model to choose.

Hope this helps~
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Loader » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:37 am

Thanks to BrwBier and SDTripper2, :thumbsup: in all the reading I missed the part in was looking for.

Thanks for the links and the the extra explanation of the differences between the 1.25a and the 6a models.

I appreciate the help.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets