I'm done thinking--I made a side enclosure decision.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

I'm done thinking--I made a side enclosure decision.

Postby Ira » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Enough is enough:

I'm buying a straight-legged EZ-Up to cover the tear. (But if they don't have it in Red, I'm buying another brand.)

And I'm buying a SECOND one with 3 wall panels to use as my side enclosure.

Nice and big, and I figure we're looking at about $300 total.

It's better than having a stroke WORRYING about this or trying to reinvent the wheel.

I can't wait to sit on that port-a-potty for the first time with my NT catalog.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby TomS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Sams Club has the EZ-Ups with the side enclosures at the best price I've seen anywhere. http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=152927

As for me, I'm going with the PahaQue Screen house. It has awnings on all four sides the can be left down for privacy. http://www.pahaque.com/products-screenroom.shtml

I'll also have an EZ-UP over my galley
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GregB » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 pm

Locally at Sportsman's Warehouse there is a screen room available for the 10x10 slant leg (actually 8.5x8.5) for about $40 as well as a FULL tent with floor and ceiling, a door and 3 windows for $60! I bought one and then realized that I have a true 10x10. I checked with the manufacturer of the tent and screen room; they don't have them listed on their website nor will they even admit they exist. It is the only fully enclosed tent that I have seen for the Quik-shade/EZ Up pop ups.

GB
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby Ira » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:25 am

Tom, that Sam's Club one is an EZ-UP? It looks kind of overwhelming, and not cheap. And that screen house--do you think that's all that easy to set up?

Greg, if Sportsman's Warehouse has a site, I'll check it out. I don't think we have one locally. Basically, I want an EZ-Up to cover the galley, and something MATCHING for the side with walls.

I know it might sound stupid to be concerned about it "matching," but I don't want it to look like Dogpatch when I'm all set up. Half of the fun of this for me is the total image.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:28 am

Ia,

Do you have a Dick's Sporting Goods store there?? They carry their own brand of EZ-ups that is a copy of the EZ-up!! I have one and love it.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Ira » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:38 pm

toypusher wrote:Ia,

Do you have a Dick's Sporting Goods store there?? They carry their own brand of EZ-ups that is a copy of the EZ-up!! I have one and love it.

Tee hee.......

Kerry said "Dicks."

No--we don't.

Jeb is Governor here and he wouldn't allow so sinful a name to be displayed on a retail establishment.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby TomS » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:05 pm

I bought one of those canopies from Dicks a couple of years ago. They are pretty flimsy. Mine didn't last one season. Let's just say, I got dicked by Dick's :(

Those EZ-Ups at Sams Club are the genuine name-brand item, not cheap knock-offs, like the ones at Dick's. The box says it has an aluminum frame. At $200 including the sides it's a damn good deal.

The PahaQue screen house doesn't seem that hard to set up. In fact, it looks easier than the hexagonal screen house we're replacing. If you check out the video link at http://www.pahaque.com/products-screenroom.shtml you can see the set-up prodedure. It basically sets up similar to a couple of dome tents that I own. The video didn't work for me in Firefox. I had to use IE. For some reason Firefox doesn't play nice with some plug-ins.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Cabela's has the EZ UP 10' X10' for $99, side walls are 2 for $39, full screen kit for $44. It's the Sierra model, comes in Blue. It's in the new catalog and on line. Tom, what do you think of the quality of this one?
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Boodro » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 pm

Ok Ira , ya said somethin about Dick ?

Well here ya go Crabby Patty !
This disclaimer says in no way shape or form is this a political statement or endorsment , plug , or paid for by any political party ! ITS JUST FUNNY ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THATS ALL! :drofl: :drofl: :drofl: :drofl:

Also that sombody has a lot of time on thier hands! :lol:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TomS » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:01 pm

I'm not familiar with the one at Cabelas. But, IMHO it's probably better than the knock-offs. Looking at the cost $99 + ($39x2) = $177. It's an oversize item, so shipping won't be cheap. I'm guessing the final cost will probably exceed the Sam's Club deal. Also, according to the photo on the Cabela's site the Sierra isn't a straight legged model. So you're actual coverage is less than 10' x 10'.

The ones at Sams have straight legs.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Italia » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:13 pm

You might want to check out Costco they have one for $189.00 with all four sides.

Italia
P.S. It's 10'x 10'
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby TomS » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Speaking of Dick ....

I give this post 10 minutes tops before the Admins yank it. Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ira » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 pm

There's nothing wrong with that post, Tom.

It's just the firefighters' union showing support for Rumsfeld's polcies.

Or is it Rumsfeld's colon?

(Is it Rumsfeld, Rumsfeild, or Rumsfield? Boy, this guy must have made some impression on me for me not to know for sure.)
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Just when I think it's safe to take a drink and read something of interest.. I now have to clean desk monitor and keyboard!! Thanks :lol: :lol:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:26 am

Ira, I think it just plain ol' Rummy ;) ......................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion