LCG Coleman "Light Up" for South Central pride.

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby doug hodder » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 pm

That's cool....great display of gas pressure lanterns! Fun how this sort of thing transcends between different tear camping regions. It appears that propane lanterns were well represented.... What's the oldest? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby starleen2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

doug hodder wrote:That's cool....great display of gas pressure lanterns! Fun how this sort of thing transcends between different tear camping regions. It appears that propane lanterns were well represented.... What's the oldest? Doug

on the bottom row - sixth lantern from the right is the oldest - can you guess the model? It's not mine, but Mike's (CASHCOW). I'll let him chime in with the age. it was the warmest part of the evening for sure
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Doug, it was really cool to hear and see all of those lanterns!! I think the oldest was CASHCOW's..... 1933'ish. Nickle fount and vent..... beautiful piece of work!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

What's wild is when you get a load of them running....it's such a HISS and if everyone can be quiet for a minute, it's awesome, and go close, you get a blast of heat from them. Hard to tell how old a lantern is from that pic....they all look great though.

You guys have only thrown some "coleman" fuel on the fire....We'll see what we can do at the Dam this next May. Maybe a contest to add up the total ages of stoves and lanterns...lowest total age with the highest number wins....I got a load of pre-war stuff! :lol: :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby CASHCOW » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 pm

WELLLLLLLLLLL it is a 1924 nickel QUICKLITE. Fully restored with a mica globe. It has the orginal generator. All I had to do was shine up the nickel and clean the gunk out of the tank. She fired up on the first try. It was such a great feeling to have an 87yr old lantern come back to life. BOY did she shine.... :D :wink: I was surely proud of her! :D
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:43 am

Here's mine in the lineup !

Taking this pic reminded me of taking pictures of my kids when they were on stage in school programs ! :lol:
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Postby planovet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:27 pm

My two babies :D

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Previous

Return to South Central