GLUES ON MODERN MARVELS...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

GLUES ON MODERN MARVELS...

Postby doug hodder » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:21 am

Did anyone else see this show?....this will help a lot of builders out...great info and background...lifting the Dodge pickup with the epoxy that was applied underwater was pretty impressive...if you get a chance to watch this one...I think it's worth it...It's info that will "Stick" with you or in the case of Scott, in yer hair!!! :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Glue

Postby sdtripper2 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:21 am

Hi,

You got my thoughts going towards glue.

Glue.
Aired on Thursday, March 2 at 12:00am ET

It's Super! It's Krazy! And it can be found in everything from carpet to computers, books to boats, shoes to the Space Shuttle. It's even used in surgery! Without it, our material world would simply fall apart. In this episode, we'll visit the stuck-up, tacky world of glue. Glue's sticky trajectory spans human history and we'll cover it all--from Neolithic cave dwellers who used animal glue to decorate ceremonial skulls to modern everyday glues and their uses, including Elmer's glue, 3M's masking and Scotch tape, and the super glues. Remember the Krazy Glue commercial in which a man held himself suspended from a hard hat that had just been glued to a beam? Well, that 1970s vintage ad understates the power of glue. With the help of a crane, we're going to hoist a 6,000-pound pickup truck off the ground by a steel joint that's been bonded with glue!

so HERE is History Channels link on that Glue episode of Modern Marvels
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby gailkaitschuck » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:37 am

Ironically, this bloody stuff did absolutely nothing when trying to repair a broken frame on my reading glasses.

I will keep a tube around for those times I have to glue a Dodge pickup truck underwater.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Re: GLUES ON MODERN MARVELS...

Postby s4son » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:27 pm

doug hodder wrote:Did anyone else see this show?....this will help a lot of builders out...great info and background...lifting the Dodge pickup with the epoxy that was applied underwater was pretty impressive...if you get a chance to watch this one...I think it's worth it...It's info that will "Stick" with you or in the case of Scott, in yer hair!!! :lol: Doug

I haven't glued my hair to a truck yet. But then, I don't own a truck.

:lol: :lol:

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby DestinDave » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:31 pm

s4son wrote:
doug hodder wrote:Did anyone else see this show?....this will help a lot of builders out...great info and background...lifting the Dodge pickup with the epoxy that was applied underwater was pretty impressive...if you get a chance to watch this one...I think it's worth it...It's info that will "Stick" with you or in the case of Scott, in yer hair!!! :lol: Doug

Scott F.

The day ain't over yet..... :lol: :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby s4son » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:00 am

DestinDave wrote:
s4son wrote:

Scott F.

The day ain't over yet..... :lol: :lol:

Dave,
Thanks for that vote of confidence. I've decided if I glue my hair to the trailer again I'm going to call it "The Chia Pet."

Scott F. :lol:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby DestinDave » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:24 pm

:lol: Good name Scott... even if you don't get stuck to anything... Just messing with ya pal...
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Return to General Discussion