Anyone Camping in May?

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Anyone Camping in May?

Postby zapj » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:13 pm

I am planning another trek to Vermont from Florida the last two weeks of May. Just curious to know if any gatherings are scheduled before finalizing the route.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby GuitarPhotog » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Well, Grant Whipp's 19th annual DAM Gathering is the first weekend of May, but it's on the West Coast, perhaps a little out of your way from Vt. to Fla. :lol:

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby zapj » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Ok, Ok that is something to consider since I wasn't planning to leave until May 15th. If I left two weeks earlier I just may have time to swing by the west coast and still be in Burlington on time. 8) ;)
zapj
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:36 pm

i haven't heard of anything for us yet. but i am sure our chesapeke group will have something.

will you be taking 95 all the way, any chance once you hit va, to swing up on 13 north? if we don't have an official gathering, i can always meet up for a mini one.

:D
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:04 pm

If you're going all the way to VT maybe I'll tag along at least as far as Boston to see my granddaughter and maybe give my weekender a test run before the trip to the Grand Canyon. Give me a PM about or let me know the dates. Larryw
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby zapj » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Hey Eaglesdare yes it may be possible to swing by your location. I have put a note on the thumb tack board of ideas for a route. In the next couple of months I should have a better idea of places to go and see on the way to Vermont. I will keep in touch and any ideas on nice camp grounds that you may know about just PM me or post here. Thanks for your interest.

Jim Zapp
Last edited by zapj on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Ok Larry I would like the company on the trip the dates are set but the route is in the planning stages. Last year I took a route up through Ohio and then over to Burlington, VT. Next year I want to take a more direct line and see a few sites and have more down time than driving. Where would you be coming from?

Jim Zapp
zapj
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Jim, I live in Richmond Va. I've been up to Boston by way of 95 but I'm open to other routes. Possible the Eastern Shore would be nice.
Larryw
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby TheresaD » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Jim there's a gathering in the planning stages with a group of folks from the Scotty group and some of us from the New England TearJerkers in May. It's not locked in stone yet, but the dates that are being looked at are May 18-20 at Scussett Beach campground in Bourne, MA (Cape Cod). Maybe you could catch that one on the way up to Vermont.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 am

there is a nice campground that our group has had gatherings in. its pocomoke city md, milburn landing state park. really nice place. right off of 13.

let me know if you swing up 13, and i will be all for it. :thumbsup:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Theresa thanks for the info about a possible May gathering because that would fall within my time schedule.

Thank you Eaglesdare for the possible campground recommendation.

Larry I have you in mind when planning.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Yeah, Lets see how it goes. I should be pretty flexible for the time being as the only thing I've got in the works is a trip the opposite direction, West to the Grand Canyon. I need a shake down run for that trip.
Larryw
LWW
Teardrop Master

Re: Scussett Beach campground

Postby Jacquie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:24 am

TheresaD wrote:Jim there's a gathering in the planning stages with a group of folks from the Scotty group and some of us from the New England TearJerkers in May. It's not locked in stone yet, but the dates that are being looked at are May 18-20 at Scussett Beach campground in Bourne, MA (Cape Cod). Maybe you could catch that one on the way up to Vermont.

Hi,
Has the New England TearJerkers reserved the Scusset Beach campground yet? There is not one open site to reserve. It must be a very popular place. The gathering would be our first teardrop trip.
Thanks!
Jacquie
Donating Member

Re: Anyone Camping in May?

Postby TheresaD » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 am

Jacquie I'm not sure if you're registered with TearJerkers yet but Barry Haskell the New England chapter director recently posted an update on the gathering. Here's the link. http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5268

The location of the gathering has changed to Salisbury Beach State Reservation ( on the Mass/NH line) due to issues with availability and logistics at Scussett Beach. Hopefully you'll be able to make it. We had a great time with the folks from the Scotty group in October. It would be a fun first gathering for you with your new teardrop. You'll get to meet alot of great people.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Re: Anyone Camping in May?

Postby zapj » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 am

Jacquie, thanks for the information it does look inviting. I had approved time scheduled for my trip from work but that is on hold. Major changes at work may prevent the scheduled days off from happening. I should get the results from my inquiry within the next week and if positive I'll see if any sites are available.

Jim
zapj
Donating Member

Return to Northeast