=

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

=

Postby nkroes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 am

==
Last edited by nkroes on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby PaulC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

g. Spamming (including intentional or frequent multi-posting) in anyway or
form is not tolerated on the forums. Spam will be pulled immediately by
any Admin that finds it on his/her authority alone.
*(See below for more details on joining the forum
and posting issues related to sales of items, stock or trailers)*

Here's a section from our Forum Rules. This is why I deleted the other TEN posts you placed with regards to this subject.

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby nkroes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

==
Last edited by nkroes on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby PaulC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm

It was in eleven different sections, just like spammers do. The rule is quite specific and does not stipulate that the posts should be in one spot. That's the nature of spamming, it's spread all over the place.

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm

I was amused when I saw that Nancy, in her exuberant attempt to include all the regional groups of Teardroppers on the forum in her original post. While it appeared to be a spamming over-post, she was just trying not to exclude anyone in her quest to invite everyone in joining the Scotty camper folks in their annual winter camp-in February 11th. Here's more about it.
http://www.nationalserroscotty.org/camp ... -2012.html

I didn't see the deleted comments in the posts above, I hope there are no ill feelings. Nancy is an old hand when it comes to campers and camping forums but a novice in our realm here. She was just reaching out to invite us to her organizations event. In Florida we had a combined Teardrop and Scotty camp out thanks to the efforts of Becca and Nancy, it was a great time.

Paul,
I wonder if we are now officially un-invited to the "Camp In" :o

:peace:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby PaulC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Steve, I am at a loss to understand why Nancy deleted her posts in such a petty way when she could have requested a post similar to yours, with a link to their site, be made a sticky. I think the Forum rules are quite specific with regards to the manner in which we conduct ourselves in regards to posting.
When you consider that we have both a "National" and an "International" section for such notifications, I fail to understand why people see the need to post in such a way.
Cheers
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Looking back, it should be noted that she did exactly the same thing last year and nobody said she couldn't then; so, of course she thought it was okay to do. She didn't know that it was a form of spamming and I think she is trying to comply with the new-to-her rule. Didn't Grant Whipp recently do something similar to draw attention to his Destinations site?

Maybe, if this happens with someone again, a pm can be sent to the poster instead of a public notice; unless, it really is spam. Spammers deserve what they get but real spammers don't care anyway.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby PaulC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Looking back, it should be noted that she did exactly the same thing last year and nobody said she couldn't then; so, of course she thought it was okay to do. She didn't know that it was a form of spamming and I think she is trying to comply with the new-to-her rule. Didn't Grant Whipp recently do something similar to draw attention to his Destinations site?

Maybe, if this happens with someone again, a pm can be sent to the poster instead of a public notice; unless, it really is spam. Spammers deserve what they get but real spammers don't care anyway.

Sharon, Grant's multiple posts shared the same fate as these did. Unfortunately there seems to be a habit developing, over the last few months, of people multiple posting on the same subject. To be fair they are all dealt with in a similar manner.
Cheers
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Like Paul said...

I think one post in the appropriate section is all that is necessary. Most folks see everything that is posted by using the "View posts since last visit" button.

If you think we need to say something to that effect, let me know...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

I agree and think it would make it clearer to people. There could be no doubt then. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Okay, we'll do that...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby nkroes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks Steve and Sharon. I've got it now.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby PaulC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:36 am

nkroes wrote:Thanks Steve and Sharon. I've got it now.

Nancy, I would like to apologise for upsetting you with regards to the multiple posting thing. It was not my intention to put you offside in any way. Unfortunately there has been a spate of multiple postings on the forum of late and I have been trying to keep things in some sort of order. With due respect to all of the members, I felt that I had to manage your postings in the same manner, so as not to be showing any bias.
Once again, my sincere apologies 
Cheers
Paul:thumbsup:
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby nkroes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 am

Not a problem Paul. I happen to work in the security area of the Information Technology department at a large University. In no way, shape or form did I consider what I did spamming, because of the content. I did not see another place I could have posted it and truly believed I was doing it right. Duh on me for that! ;-)

Since Mike says most people see everything anyway, I will post next year's one time, in the camping area for Michigan, since that's where I live.

We're good. Thanks!

p.s. Join in the "camp-in" because watching the video afterwards is a lot of fun and a great way to enjoy camping while are are still snow bound! I already have the music for this year's video downloaded - paying homage to our American and our Canadian friends.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada