...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 5/27/12

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: ...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 2/16/

Postby Mrs Sonetpro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 am

I'm soooo glad to hear the good news. Have been worried sick! Thanks for the update and keep us posted.
Mrs Sonetpro
Teardrop Inspector

...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 2/16/12

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks for the update MJ. Glad things went well.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Verna » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Great news, Madjack!!! You two take care of each other--we'll take care of those prayers you guys need. :worship:
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I was just thinking of you and Mrs MJ yesterday. Continuing to send healing thoughts your way. I'm so glad you were able to update us too! Keep up the great spirits.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am

We will keep sending the healing thought you way.
Get some rest
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 pm

I am so glad that things went so well for Marlene. Maybe she will feel easier about the next one now that the first one went so well. We will have lots of good thoughts and prayers for her healing process. Keep us updated on both of you and MJ let us know when you have your surgery. We all know prayer works and when it is multiplied by so many people it is even better. Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Catoosa Grani wrote:I am so glad that things went so well for Marlene. Maybe she will feel easier about the next one now that the first one went so well. We will have lots of good thoughts and prayers for her healing process. Keep us updated on both of you and MJ let us know when you have your surgery. We all know prayer works and when it is multiplied by so many people it is even better. Grani

...thanks so much Granny, you are right about the multiplying effect of prayer and we sure appreciate each and every one of them(and the positive thoughts)...my surgery is now scheduled to take place on March 7th...I am sure looking forward to it!!!!!!!!
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: ...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 3/2/1

Postby madjack » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

...for all those keeping up with our continuing adventure, I thought it time for an update....

Marlene had the staples removed from her head on Thur(32 of 'em)...the scar is pretty and matches her hairline and should be unnoticeable when it all said and done...she still tires very easily and has some problems with numbers and typing...all of which is getting better with some usage of those faculties...she has had some bad moments(mentally) as she comes to grips with the idea, she will not be able...after 18yrs...to go back to being a floor nurse for 9+mos if ever and we are looking at the best ways to cut 3-400 bucks out of our budget...

I had the pre-op physical for my hip surgery(on Wed the 7th) and dealing with the hospital and Dr is getting weird...they have both asked for up front money to cover deductibles...of which there should be none since, Marlene's surgery more than covered those...I guess it is true, the left hand never knows what the right is doing....SHEEEESH...anyway, I am truly lokking forward to mine so, I can walk again without having all them little gnomes chipping away at my him hip...

...stay well each and every one and once again, thanks ever so much for all the thoughts, prayers and support...it is very much appreciated...you will never know just how much that is so true.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby tonyj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Tell Marlene to hang in there. Patience, Grasshopper.

Good luck on your surgery, and spare us the pics this time :shock: :lol:
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby TheDuke » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

MJ
Been through both those problems, and I know the mental agony it puts you through. I don't mean to sound trite, but prayer and waiting on the Lord brings you through a lot. Tell you what, you pray on your end, and we'll add ours. God bless both of you.

TheDuke
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:32 am

tonyj wrote:Tell Marlene to hang in there. Patience, Grasshopper.

Good luck on your surgery, and spare us the pics this time :shock: :lol:

Yes, I'm with Tony. BOTH of you guys hang in there and take each day as it comes. Oh yeah, let's keep the photos below the skirt line, please..... :R :R

Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Loader » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for the update Jack....you guys take care of each other, and as Tony said, patience. Know we are all thinking of you guys.

As as far as the photos........some things are best left unseen!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks for the update, MadJack. Glad to hear that things are progressing in a positive manner. :thumbsup:

Yes, I've noticed that the medical profession is getting more and more protective of their bottom dollar line...their (your?) top dollar line, too. 'Tis the economic times.

Take good care of yourselves! :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby StPatron » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:21 am

Appreciate the update, Jack. It's a shame you're having to deal with the b.s., as if you don't already have enough on your plate. Continued prayers and get well soon wishes from Dew and I.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Gaelen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 am

madjack wrote:she still tires very easily and has some problems with numbers and typing...all of which is getting better with some usage of those faculties...she has had some bad moments(mentally) as she comes to grips with the idea, she will not be able...after 18yrs...to go back to being a floor nurse for 9+mos if ever and we are looking at the best ways to cut 3-400 bucks out of our budget...

Madjack, the emotional/mental aftereffects of brain traumas like aneurysms and brain surgery (and intracerebral hemorrhage - my particular happiness and what happens when an aneurysm blows...) can be some of the toughest adjustments. Marlene may not be able work as a floor nurse for awhile, or ever - but if she gives herself time to recover and develop some coping skills, she may still be able to work in healthcare, use her skills to teach other nurses or work a less intense schedule.

After my ICH, I wasn't sure I'd be able to run and write up pharma research studies again...and to some extent I was right. Running them and being on call 24/7 was way too much stress. But I could still write up the studies, review them. I *could* still train other techs to manage studies the way I had. I became a senior trainer and tech writer for my department, and I did that job (at more pay) for a decade after my ICH. I finally ended up being laid off when they closed my department at the end of 2010, and officially retired after collecting 13 months of severance. Now I'm freelancing as a writer.

Probably the biggest help getting me through both the immediate period of time right after my brain episode was that the neurosurgeon insisted that I get and stay in counseling while I tried to go back to work. My counselor and I worked out coping skills, and I could safely tell him anything. That was life-saving. She might ask if her doctors can refer her to a counselor who specializes in patients who've experienced brain surgery or other brain traumas.

When life throws you curves, you learn to swerve. ;)

Good luck with your own surgery, MJ. Be well, both of you.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic