How to mount a TV when you didn't plan for one...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

How to mount a TV when you didn't plan for one...

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Okay, the boss sez she'd still like me to mount the TV in the Lil Diner. I didn't plan for one.

So my first thought is to go to Home Depot and pick up one of those wall mounted swivel thingies. We looked at them today, and she says no. :cry:

Well, let me go take a picture of the two areas that could hold a TV while we are either sitting in the front of the Lil Diner or laying down...

:scratchthinking: :designing:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Mike,

Get one of those LCD screen things. They can mount anywhere and even be moveable.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Okay this is all we have to work with... and it ain't much...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

How to mount a TV . . . .

Postby rooster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:07 pm

Mike, Tell me, your not going to hold that TV while your wife watches it are you??? :lol: :lol: Just asking!! What size is the TV?

Jim. :applause:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:15 pm

Mike, I agree with SteveH. You could easily make a little shelf/shallow drawer that slides out from under your center cabinet, put up a flat screen, watch the movie, put the flat screen away and slide the shelf/shallow drawer back out of the way. :thumbsup:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:17 pm

Near as I can tell, using my old tape measure...

it's 11x12x13

that is... 11" wide, 12" high and 13" deep...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:20 pm

Mike search Home Depot and Lowe's. I've seen somewhere a small wall mounted table that hinges and can swing out of the way when not in use. You know like in a hospital for room TV's, but on a smaller scale. Maybe you could even find something at an RV store, like Camping World.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:28 pm

:thumbsup: I like the one your holding you can put it on a shelf or out side on a table.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby weasel » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:29 pm

Could you make a swiveling swing-a-away sliding shelf or something like that :lol:
weasel
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:37 pm

Gage wrote:Mike search Home Depot and Lowe's. I've seen somewhere a small wall mounted table that hinges and can swing out of the way when not in use. You know like in a hospital for room TV's, but on a smaller scale. Maybe you could even find something at an RV store, like Camping World.

Have a good day.

8)

Gage,

You must not have not read my post... I talked about those swivel mounted thingies from Home Depot, and that Chell didn't like it...

Oh well, I guess that what happens when you skim all the forum messages too fast! :roll:

Mike...

P.S. Just poking at ya! :lol:
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Well, I tried to copy the second picture and failed miserably.
I like it exactly where you are holding it. Perhaps a decorative corner shelf that can twist and lay against the wall. (gotta get to the cad tutorial)
From horizonital to vertical like a towel bar. 8)

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:55 pm

Mike, in the second picture it doesn't look like there is a cabinet or anything against the galley wall. I would probably build a shelf ther for the tv to sit on. maybe even a corner shelf. Just my 2 cents worth.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:55 pm

mikeschn wrote: <snip>
Oh well, I guess that what happens when you skim all the forum messages too fast! :roll:
Mike...

Who reads the post, I just look at the pictures. :lol: It might of been Camping World. It's the way I was going to go before I decided on the flip down.

Aw, just make a little slider that comes out from under your cabinet.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:02 pm

Gage wrote:
mikeschn wrote: <snip>
Mike...

Who reads the post, I just look at the pictures. :lol: It might of been Camping World. It's the way I was going to go before I decided on the flip down.

Aw, just make a little slider that comes out from under your cabinet.

Have a good day.

8)

:rofl:

I'm thinking we'll leave the TV at home until such time that we can afford a flat panel like you have, Gage... nothing else I've seen so far is quite as elegant...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:20 pm

How long you two been married, Mike? You're young enough that you shouldn't need too much high-tech nightime entertainment. 8) Leave the durned TV at home. :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Next

Return to General Discussion