The teardrops.net DESTINATIONS! Page

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

The teardrops.net DESTINATIONS! Page

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey, All!

I'd like to remind, encourage, and invite ALL event hosts and/or organizers to send your Gathering info/announcements to me at [email protected] for inclusion on my Events Listings Calendar, DESTINATIONS! Page - http://www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html ... it is THE most viewed page on my site, and is one of the most comprehensive chronological listings of Teardrop and Teardrop-friendly events on the web (several other sites copy it verbatim, with permission!).

A handful of you folks already send me your info (thank you very much!), but the vast majority of you don't (maybe because you are not fully aware of the advantages of doing so ...?). That page is a FREE service to ALL Teardrop & Camping Trailer Enthusiasts and the folks who host/organize events for them ... all I ask is that you follow a particular format when sending me the info ( http://www.teardrops.net/format.html ) and that you put it in the body of your e-mail, not some word.doc.

Nearly all of the folks who already send me their gathering info will tell you, a great number of the "newbies" who show up at their events are referred to them by way of the DESTINATIONS! Page ... so it would stand to reason that you have absolutely nothing to loose and certainly a LOT to gain by sending me your info. Please consider doing so!

Here's to another great year of camping with the most fabulous folks in the world: Teardrop & Tiny Trailer Enthusiasts ... :thumbsup: ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: The teardrops.net DESTINATIONS! Page

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 am

And a hardy thank you, to you, Grant. It's great that you take the time to post this info. Keep up the good work. I'll see you at the "Dam", with the new 2 ft high, 4 ft long, "Shrunk Bunk" TD camper....... :-)
:thumbsup: Roly ~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 am

I for one will be paying attention to the gathering sites
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 pm

We just added 30+ events to the DESTINATIONS! Page ... :thumbsup: ...! Even before that, it was the biggest it's ever been! Of course, if there is something that you know about that we don't have up there, be sure to let us know ... this page is a service for all of you!

As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby working on it » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:40 pm

You might want to correct the Tyler State Park info for March. You have the location listed as Newtown,Pa., not as near Tyler,Texas.

Tyler State Park is a state park north of Tyler, Texas. It is 985.5 acres in Smith County, north of Tyler. The park includes a 64-acre lake.
from Wikipedia
Address: 789 Park Road 16, Tyler, TX 75706
Phone: (903) 597-5338
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50 am

Yes, the old DESTINATIONS! Page has gone AWOL ... in our on-going re-model, our Webmaster decided a "more descriptive" URL would be http://www.teardrops.net/gatherings.html ... but because so many of you had the page bookmarked, we're trying to put it back as it was (the URL, I mean, NOT the presentation or content) ... please bear with us! After all Life really DOES Move A Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time (especially when technology is involved ... :lol: ...!) ...!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:40 pm

We just updated our teardrops.net Gatherings Page with over 110 new events for 2015! Check it out ... and if you or your group is having a teardrop-friendly event that is NOT listed there, let us know at [email protected] and we'll add it to the list! (Please use the listings already there as a guideline and send the info to us in the body of an e-mail and not as a word doc.) As always ...

CHEERS!

http://www.teardrops.net/gatherings.html (yes, the old DESTINATIONS! Page is gone, and we're still kind of stuck with this URL for the time being ... but changes, they are a comin' ... ;) ...!)
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:56 pm

This Page of the teardrops.net website, along with most of the rest of it, will be going away soon! If someone is interested, they might want to copy what is there, now, and use it as a template and/or guide to provide something similar somewhere else. It's a LOT of work to gather and rework all the info, but it is consistently the most-viewed page on our site (as in, L-O-T-S of folks refer to it to make their traveling plans!), and someone else might think it's a worthwhile thing to continue.

Good Luck, and as always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Tentative Good News!

It looks like the good folks at Cool Tears Magazine are very interested in picking up the ball that is/was our DESTINATIONS! Page ... :applause: ... wish them good luck, and please give them all the help & considerations you can (as I've said before, it's not an easy job!) ...!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Adirondackersouth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:33 am

Hello everyone
I appreciate the commentary drawn from experience of manufacturing Teardrop trailers. The historical information was interesting. The average teardrop cost 500.00 bucks to build back then which was a third of the cost of an average car. Interesting.

My used Toyota highlander with 140K miles on it, cost 12,000 last Spring to buy. I should expect to spend 3960.00 for a likewise used teardrop. I think that is where the ones that I can afford are hovering. The truth is with my limited skills and space I could make a teardrop for 1500-2000 but I do not have the place to build one. There is a honey of a deal by a fellow who is on this forum that is selling a teardrop in upstate NY that I think is a good buy. It needs replacement of the skin on the galley door assembly, but after that it looks like a sweet deal. The problem is the snow, time of year and how to get an exposed teardrop from NY to VA without causing all sorts of other travel damage. It is amazing what traveling at 65-70 can do to tarps and exposed wood. I am familiar with wood and its special properties of absorption. There is a sweet 1947 all wood replica teardrop down in Miami that looked good from the original photographs when he first made it, but after four years of Miami climate the wood has started to deteriorate. Is this a common problem with all wood or woodys? I was just curious?
David Medici
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 am

Adirondackersouth wrote:Hello everyone
I appreciate the commentary drawn from experience of manufacturing Teardrop trailers. The historical information was interesting. The average teardrop cost 500.00 bucks to build back then which was a third of the cost of an average car. Interesting.

My used Toyota highlander with 140K miles on it, cost 12,000 last Spring to buy. I should expect to spend 3960.00 for a likewise used teardrop. I think that is where the ones that I can afford are hovering. The truth is with my limited skills and space I could make a teardrop for 1500-2000 but I do not have the place to build one. There is a honey of a deal by a fellow who is on this forum that is selling a teardrop in upstate NY that I think is a good buy. It needs replacement of the skin on the galley door assembly, but after that it looks like a sweet deal. The problem is the snow, time of year and how to get an exposed teardrop from NY to VA without causing all sorts of other travel damage. It is amazing what traveling at 65-70 can do to tarps and exposed wood. I am familiar with wood and its special properties of absorption. There is a sweet 1947 all wood replica teardrop down in Miami that looked good from the original photographs when he first made it, but after four years of Miami climate the wood has started to deteriorate. Is this a common problem with all wood or woodys? I was just curious?

WTF :? :? :?
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Adirondackersouth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 am

Adirondackersouth wrote:Hello everyone

I have been trying to delete this post. I had put it in the wrong category.
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Postby Greg M » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 am

No worries, it happens all the time.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Adirondackersouth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

Greg M wrote:No worries, it happens all the time.

Thank you for understanding

David
David Medici
Happy Trails
Adirondackersouth
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion