Teardrop Interior Accessory Question...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Teardrop Interior Accessory Question...

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:50 pm

We came upon this site while searching for different articles or products.
So surprisingly we found a very nice looking blanket and matching pillows.. Dont know if they would have "Small Curtains to match but ..

Moose Mountain Comforter Set. I dont understand the size that they show or what they would be so thought to ask...here is the website -

http://www.fleecies.com/moose-bedding.htm

Very Nice looking and exactly what we,d like for the teardrop.. And its A Moose Decor..... ;) expensive Id say but I like it ... :lol:

Our trailer is the 5 foot wide so to get a nice looking and correct fit into our tear which size of the blanklet or comforter is the so called "Correct Size for our Voyager....so its not overly big and again too small :thinking: thats my question..

And on it says valance? Hmm I dont remember hearing that word too often? Dumb question, but What is it?

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland

Postby MarksMG » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Found this on a web site. Hope this helps

Cot - 31" x 74"
48" X 84" Twin - 39" x 75"
Hospital Twin - 30" x 80"
Queen Waterbed XLTwin - 39" x 80"
60" X 84" Hospital XXLTwin - 30" x 84"
XX-Long Twin - 39" x 84"
King Waterbed Three Quarter - 48" x 75"
72" X 84" Rice & Antique Bed - 48" x 75"
Full Sofa Bed - 54" x 72"
Full - 54" x 75"
XLFull - 54" x 80"
XX-Long Full - 54" x 84"
Queen Sofa Bed - 60" x 74"
Queen - 60" x 80"
Olympic Queen - 66" x 80"
X-Long Queen - 60" x 84"
Eastern King - 76" x 80"
King - 78" x 80"
California King - 72" x 84"
Western King - 72" x 84"
7 Foot Round - 84"

Have a good day
Mark
"Can we build it? Yes we can!" Bob The Builder
User avatar
MarksMG
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 158
Images: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:22 pm
Location: Arthurdale, WV

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:08 pm

Heikki, I didn't go to that site yet because I'm at home, on DIAL UP, but...

A valance is a separate piece of fabric, a narrow piece at the very top of your curtains, that runs from left to right, hiding the curtain rod. There are different styles to it, but basically, it's usually only a couple of inches high that hides the rod, and drops a little below the top of the hanging curtains.

For a year, my wife has been telling me that we need new ones in the house, but I've been too busy building the TD to listen to her.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Postby PaulC » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:10 pm

Heikki, we found that the queen size fits our 5 footer nicely. It works out that we have just over (20mm) double bed width and queen size length.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Edited for correction:The other guys are right, the valance is the curtain thing. I rang Mum and she said it can be either that or around the side if the bed
Last edited by PaulC on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
User avatar
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club
 
Posts: 4402
Images: 36
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 am
Location: Laura, Souther Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Top

Re: Teardrop Interior Accessory Question...

Postby goldcoop » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:11 pm

Classic Finn wrote: And on it says valance? Hmm I dont remember hearing that word too often? Dumb question, but What is it?

Classic Finn


Heikki-

The valance is that ruffled piece at the top in the front of the curtains...

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:18 pm

Ira wrote:Heikki, I didn't go to that site yet because I'm at home, on DIAL UP, but...

A valance is a separate piece of fabric, a narrow piece at the very top of your curtains, that runs from left to right, hiding the curtain rod. There are different styles to it, but basically, it's usually only a couple of inches high that hides the rod, and drops a little below the top of the hanging curtains.

For a year, my wife has been telling me that we need new ones in the house, but I've been too busy building the TD to listen to her.



Thank You Ira
Now I can add an other word to my list of English Words learned...
I know that I havent listened to my wife much lately.... either :oops:
It must be an International "Teardrop Thang"... ;) :thumbsup:

I guess it would not do much for using as curtains then ... :cry:

Classic Finn :)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Re: Teardrop Interior Accessory Question...

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:21 pm

goldcoop wrote:
Classic Finn wrote: And on it says valance? Hmm I dont remember hearing that word too often? Dumb question, but What is it?

Classic Finn


Heikki-

The valance is that ruffled piece at the top in the front of the curtains...

Cheers,

Coop


Thank You Coop

Thats what I guess I,ll go out and by the wife then... Ruffles.. :lol: :lol:

Best wishes
Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:25 pm

PaulC wrote:Heikki, we found that the queen size fits our 5 footer nicely. It works out that we have just over (20mm) double bed width and queen size length.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Edited for correction:The other guys are right, the valance is the curtain thing. I rang Mum and she said it can be either that or around the side if the bed



Okidoki Paul

I guess I,ll be ordering a queen size then because it sounds like there is the 20mm... and Id say its enough...

Thank You Paul.

PS Found an Aussie Made all Stainless Gas Grill today...looked sharp and well made...Didnt buy it yet though.... :lol: :lol:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Postby dwgriff1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:26 pm

Mark,

Who would have guessed "standard" beds come in so many sizes.

I am educated.

dave
User avatar
dwgriff1
500 Club
 
Posts: 946
Images: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: SW Idaho
Top

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:26 pm

MarksMG wrote:Found this on a web site. Hope this helps

Cot - 31" x 74"
48" X 84" Twin - 39" x 75"
Hospital Twin - 30" x 80"
Queen Waterbed XLTwin - 39" x 80"
60" X 84" Hospital XXLTwin - 30" x 84"
XX-Long Twin - 39" x 84"
King Waterbed Three Quarter - 48" x 75"
72" X 84" Rice & Antique Bed - 48" x 75"
Full Sofa Bed - 54" x 72"
Full - 54" x 75"
XLFull - 54" x 80"
XX-Long Full - 54" x 84"
Queen Sofa Bed - 60" x 74"
Queen - 60" x 80"
Olympic Queen - 66" x 80"
X-Long Queen - 60" x 84"
Eastern King - 76" x 80"
King - 78" x 80"
California King - 72" x 84"
Western King - 72" x 84"
7 Foot Round - 84"

Have a good day
Mark


Mark Thank You

I put that in my important file so I dont forget the different size conversions over there...

Best regards
Classic Finn :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:30 pm

PaulC wrote:Heikki, we found that the queen size fits our 5 footer nicely. It works out that we have just over (20mm) double bed width and queen size length.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Edited for correction:The other guys are right, the valance is the curtain thing. I rang Mum and she said it can be either that or around the side if the bed



PS Paul

So I reckon the queen size mattress then also for the Tear or????

140 - 145 x 2.00 in size? (centimeters)

Heikki
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Postby PaulC » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Heikki, we actually bought a double bed mattress for ours and then made a 120mm approx spacer to fill the gap at the foot end of the bed area. The other alternative is to get some high density foam cut to size and make a cover for it. We found it to be more cost effective(cheaper) to make up the spacer and cover.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
User avatar
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club
 
Posts: 4402
Images: 36
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 am
Location: Laura, Souther Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Top

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 pm

hey Heikki...here is a bunch of Moose stuff from Cabela's and here is some more fromSportsmans Guide
...so go get yourself Moosed :D :lol: ;)
madjack
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
User avatar
madjack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15125
Images: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Central Louisiana
Top

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:24 am

madjack wrote:hey Heikki...here is a bunch of Moose stuff from Cabela's and here is some more fromSportsmans Guide
...so go get yourself Moosed :D :lol: ;)
madjack


Thank You Madjack
looks like a lotta dat Moose Gear in them sites...
:lol:
Yup Be luvin them Mooses! :lol: :lol: :lol: Got to git dat dar "Moosetel"
on wheels all Moosed to go.... :coffee:

Classic Finn :D
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Image
User avatar
Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager
 
Posts: 17488
Images: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:29 am
Location: Country of Finland
Top

Postby gailkaitschuck » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:58 am

If you're into sewing (for example, curtains), www.hotdiggitydog.com has moose fabric.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Augusta Georgia
Top

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests