Manufactured trailer doors

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Manufactured trailer doors

Postby Tiki Dude » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Once again I am looking for manufactured teardrop trailer doors. I lost all my previous info on them. Any ideas?

Thanks
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:24 am

What kind (as in style) of door are you looking for? Regular mitered-corners? Radiused top corners? Radiused top and bottom corners? Traditional KIT-style round top? Or ...? :thinking:

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Tiki Dude » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 am

All the above, plus the Lil Guy style doors.
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby Gaston » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:40 pm

You mean like these I got them from a surplus yard. No they don't have any more and I don't know who made them :(
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Tiki Dude » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Those would be perfect.
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Well they sure are proud of them but here's a source:
http://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog ... gory_id=68

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Gaston,

Did you cut those to length or did they come that way?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby emiller » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Grant I thought you sold doors. :thinking:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:00 pm

emiller wrote:Grant I thought you sold doors. :thinking:

Yeah, I used to! Made the deal with the mfg., said they'd always be availabel, re-set my templates, set up for resale, and less than two years later they stopped making them ... :x ...! Tried a couple of other mfgs. (even the one that Cozy Cruiser uses and sells - www.cozycruiser.com ), but things never seemed to be just right.

I am working on a deal for 32"W x 36"H 4-corner radius doors through a really reputable mfg., so we'll just have to see where that leads me ... :thinking: ...! I'm cautiously optimistic ... ;) ... so stay tuned and I'll let you all know how it works out.

I don't see where anybody has mentioned Camp-Inn's door kits, yet ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Betsey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 pm

grant whipp wrote: I don't see where anybody has mentioned Camp-Inn's door kits, yet ...

Ah, I think you just did! :lol:

Yes, we sell door kits. Several people here have purchased and installed them. If you want particulars, email Cary: [email protected] and he will be able to give you all the details.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm

grant whipp wrote:... I am working on a deal for 32"W x 36"H 4-corner radius doors through a really reputable mfg., so we'll just have to see where that leads me ... :thinking: ...! I'm cautiously optimistic ... ;) ... so stay tuned and I'll let you all know how it works out ...

Well ...

... the deal is done! Begining about mid-April, the following side entry doors will be available from me at Li'l Bear Tag-Alongs - www.LilBear.teardrops.net :

They are 32" wide by 36" tall (cutout size), black powdercoated frames with white aluminum outer skin, available left and/or right sides, with locking latches that can be locked from the inside ... your choice of plain, with 14"H x 21"W screened side-slider window, or with 28"H x 20"W screened verticle-slider window (window in picture is 27"H x 17"W, which I only have 4 left, but will be available) ... exact prices won't be determined until all transportation costs are factored in, but ballpark guesstimates are $250.00 for the plain door, $325.00 with the 14x21 window, and $375.00 with the 20x28 window (plus S&H, of course).

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to drop me a line at [email protected]

'Til nex time, then ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 am

Could someone buy the plain door for example, and cut a 15 x 18 hole in it for one of your crank out windows? In other words, is it solid plywood or is it stick construction?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby grant whipp » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:07 pm

mikeschn wrote:Could someone buy the plain door for example, and cut a 15 x 18 hole in it for one of your crank out windows? In other words, is it solid plywood or is it stick construction?

Mike...

I don't see why not, Mike!

The doors are 1/2" composite of aluminum skin/foam-core/fiberglass-Filon, and my crank-outs would look best if you made some timber picture-framing on the inside, and that would help to sandwich the installation.

I doubt you'd see any cost savings, though, as you'd have the cost of the door(s) plus S&H and then the cost of the windows and their S&H ... and I'm not too sure about the asthetics of something like that - round-cornered door with mitered-corner windows - but beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... ;) ... and you might be able to twist my arm to have me install that window ... :D ...!

'Til next time ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques