Lil Diner plans?

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Lil Diner plans?

Postby taylorcraft078 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Is there a plan set available for the Lil Diner design? I like the idea of a table.

Dave
taylorcraft078
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Lil Diner plans?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 pm

taylorcraft078 wrote:Is there a plan set available for the Lil Diner design? I like the idea of a table.

Dave

We had one in our first teardrop and I removed it after not using it in 2 years. Mike has a little diner but all you have to do is make a foot well and the lid acts as a table top. Don't make the lid too large or it will be difficult to enter and exit. It's only for 2 people so leave plenty of room. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby taylorcraft078 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:37 pm

The foot well is what I am planning. The actual Lil Diner design is probably too big for my tow car so I am actually looking for a set of drawings to get an idea of sizes and proportions. I am planning to use a Elantra to tow with. My pickup sucks down way too much gas.

Dave
taylorcraft078
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Here's a pdf for you...

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/lildiner.pdf

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby taylorcraft078 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm

mikeschn wrote:Here's a pdf for you...

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/lildiner.pdf

Mike...

Mike,

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am thinking that raising the sleeping platform by using the seats as part of the bed I can use a 4' wide HF trailer and end up with an almost 5' inside width. 5'x5' plywood is easily available locally.

Dave
taylorcraft078
Teardrop Inspector

Postby len19070 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 pm

I've got a friend who has a 5' wide Quicksilver. He only goes camping by himself and has the inside set up permanently for only 1 person.

30' wide bed, foot well and a table. Without the other bed he also has room for a Porta-Potti.

I liked the layout as I go by myself a lot too. But sometimes I want the queen size bed.

I merged both plans into one. 1 can sleep on a 32" bed by sliding the one matress under the other, the table can be put up.

I don't have a Porta-Potti..but I do have a Coffee Can.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Member Designs