Shasta Dam Gathering April 30th May 1, 2 & 3rd

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Will you be returning or new

Returning
63%
New
24%
Maybe in future years
12%

Total votes : 41

Shasta Dam Gathering April 30th May 1, 2 & 3rd

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:36 pm

See "page 2" of this subject for registration info. Grant posted!!

COMING QUICKLY
April 30 - May 2, plus morning of the 3rd 2009 by Shasta Dam in
Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
The 16th Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds on the banks of Lake Shasta, 25 miles north of Redding. Our good times with teardrops and teardroppers just keep rollin' along! Friday nite Dutch Oven Sampler, Saturday nite World-Famous Dam Gathering Chili Pot/Dutch Oven/Potluck Extravaganza, Teardrop Derby Gravity Racing, and more! No site reservations, first-come/first-claimed campsites. $15 registration, $11/nite camping fees.
For more info, call 530-275-6728 or e-mail [email protected] Registration form at www.teardrops.net/16thDG.html ... soon!
in http://www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html
sits
what section do you reserve??
http://www.antlersrvpark.com/887181.html
Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds
20682 Antlers Road
Lakehead, CA 96051

http://www.shastalake.com/
they offer 1000 weather links too
http://www.shastalake.com/weather/

keep hearing about it 4 days of fun
11 a night =44 plus 15 = about 60 bucks
Ron D :thinking:
Last edited by Ron Dickey on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: planning ahead 16 th dam run

Postby Gage » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:what section do you reserve??

You don't. Grant takes care of that.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Gage wrote:
Ron Dickey wrote:what section do you reserve??

You don't. Grant takes care of that.

da :? ya
let me reword that ...
part of that site was a map of the camp area. What part do we use or is it any where in that site? I guess first come first serve leaves that open but I just thought one area was just for us. :oops: ah does that make better sence?? :baby:

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby DougH » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:03 pm

When do the new revised Teardrop Debry rules come out? We need to start thinking about our new builds. Or do they all now have to be built out of Barbie dolls instead of like teardrops? :)
DougH
Teardrop Master

CloudWalker Ranch and Dam Gatherings dovetail together

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:55 pm

Ron, on your way to the Dam Gathering, why not take a little side trip to a new gathering by the coast? The CloudWalker Ranch and Dam Gatherings dovetail together for a couple of fun, adventurous, gatherings and a good excuse/way to explore NorCal. Joanie, who together with Dean puts on IRG, is helping organize the 1st CloudWalker Ranch Gathering. With her hand in it it's sure to be a good one! :D

Grant in Destinations wrote:April 24-26, 2009 Whitethorn, CALIFORNIA
1st CloudWalker Ranch Gathering, a unique, one-of-a-kind, rustic camping, Teardrop Homesteader themed, off the grid get-together for all hardy teardroppers & friends in the remote hills of northwestern California, between the Kings Range and the Pacific Ocean ... no electricity and no flush toilets! If you think you've got what it takes to rough it and relish it, set this date aside and watch this listing for more details ...!

Joanie posted more information about it in Suggest A Gathering: New Gathering Off the Grid in Northern California
Joanie wrote:Here's a chance to be involved in a teardrop gathering that will be an original, and one of a kind! You can get in on the ground breaking, literally. Here are the dates to consider saving for this brand new event :
Friday, April 24 through Sunday, April 26, 2009.

Gene and Eddie Barker, long time teardropper Father & Son, have decided to hold a gathering at their place in Southern Humboldt/Northern Mendocino County, California, a small hamlet named Whitethorn. The property is appropriately named the CloudWalker Ranch and is located in the remote hills of northwestern California between the King's Range (an area nicknamed "the Lost Coast ") and Pacific Ocean.

THIS GATHERING WILL BE UNIQUE IN THAT THE LOCATION WILL BE "OFF THE GRID"...
MEANING NO ELECTRICITY AND FLUSH TOILETS.

Eddie & Gene have spent a couple of years getting the property and road prepped for camping in a teardrop and are finishing up clearing spaces for sites. The property is being prepared for campers to use without the amenities you'd normally find in a campground such as showers, toilets, electrical hook-ups. The theme here is TEARDROP HOMESTEADERS and you will be able to spend time on a peaceful location where you use "what you got or what you brought".

I made a visit to the site last Monday to brainstorm with the property owners, Eddie & Gene, and we can really visualize what this gathering could become. Because these guys live off the grid all the time, we'll be preparing some things to share with participants as a lot of time teardropping takes you to locations where you don't have a ready power source. It just so happens that this gathering is scheduled for the same weekend as MY BIRTHDAY, so I'll help kick off the event with Eddie & Gene and celebrate with fellow campers as well. We're in the initial planning stages right now, coordinating and settng-up a gathering that will be as unique as the property it's being held on, and the individuals hosting it. Dancing

I've offered Eddie a place on the Pamplin Grove website to have his own "niche" for the event. He will be posting some more information on this website and others as he narrows down the many ideas and things we discussed to hold a gathering on the property. I know there will be some campers who do not find this kind of rustic camping their cup of tea....but for those who are willing to take the Barkers up on their offer, I think you'll truly enjoy the beauty and quiet grandeur this place exudes.

More to come,
The Teardrop Nanny
Joanie

Hey, hey we all need to help Joanie celebrate her birthday! Pay if forward, for Joanie, folks! :P :new-bday:
Last edited by Esteban on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Ron,
The area of the campground that the Dam Gathering takes up is behind the the part that is marked "house" on the map. Spaces 1-67 & A40-A65 (these are "tent" sites. Depending if you want electricity or not, all these sites are open to trailers and many share sites too.
Some come earlier in the week than Thursday, others Thursday or Friday, some just the weekend. Grant is very flexible. Just like you can send in your reservation ahead of time or you can just show up.

There seem to be quite a few people that come some distance. Plenty of friendly teardroppers.
Definitely a good deal financially. :thumbsup:
If you want a T-shirt, order it ahead of time as there are only a few extras.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:20 pm

DougH wrote: Or do they all now have to be built out of Barbie dolls instead of like teardrops? :)

No Doug....as before, both cheese and potatoes are allowed as well. Feel free to pick your medium.

I'll get with Lee on the new rules...but we were sort of thinking that if you ran it in 08... it's not eligible in 09 gatherings. If you build it in 09...it's eligible for all 09 gatherings that the track is at. Race management retains the right to change the rules at it's discretion.

And by the way....Dam Gathering is a great time! Worth the trip Ron! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby grant whipp » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Geeee ...

... doesn't look like I'm needed, here, at all ... ;) ...!

And, Ron ... just as an FYI,even with some not-so-careful grouping, we figure we can comfortably fit close to 200 trailers in just the two loops we reserve (we had 91 registered campers this last May). Since we can also get the tent sites at the north end of the west loop, we've got lots of room! And, should we ever get that big, I have no doubts that we can negotiate for for the whole west loop, as well. After all, all these years and all our campers and all our $$ have got to count for something ... right ... :thumbsup: ...?

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gage » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Ron Dickey wrote: da :? ya
let me reword that ...
part of that site was a map of the camp area. What part do we use or is it any where in that site? I guess first come first serve leaves that open but I just thought one area was just for us. :oops: ah does that make better sence?? :baby:
Ron D.

Here ya go Ron. The two loops that Grant is talking about. Site #23 is reserved. ;)

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: CloudWalker Ranch and Dam Gatherings dovetail together

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:58 am

Esteban wrote:Ron, on your way to the Dam Gathering, why not take a little side trip to a new gathering by the coast? The CloudWalker Ranch and Dam Gatherings dovetail together for a couple of fun, adventurous, gatherings and a good excuse/way to explore NorCal.

Friday, April 24 through Sunday, April 26, 2009.

well sounds good if the economy is down the Depot may let me take off 2 wks plus but to drive up and back that far is a little mutch for us.

any way I got to get new doors and your walls up so several SLOtears can convoy north. to one or the other or both
I have a freind who pulls a very small one (Tent type) behind his bike maybe I can get him to come too.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:48 am

A 46 has a waterfall, although the last two years, it's been a dry waterfall.
I know 'casue that's where I've been the last three times.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Gage » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:A 46 has a waterfall, although the last two years, it's been a dry waterfall.
I know 'casue that's where I've been the last three times.

Are you sure it's not 48? :thinking:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:20 pm

I think you're right Gage. Maybe he's trying to throw others off so he can keep his (I mean Joanie's) site.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:59 pm

will I need my gun slots are the bears less hostel there..... Should have new doors by then. Working on little stuff now.

lets see at $1 aday I should have the 60 bukes by then.

Is there a site for the racing, last time I did anything like that was cub scouts and it got stuck half way down. I do not want a repeat ... any suggestions :cry: I'm real scared. :oops: Charlie Brown and I have somethings in common. :lol: ;)

Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:40 pm

I guess it is about time to send in my reservation :o
Maybe I'll send Grant a Christmas Card W/ gift.

Steve B. We will talk about the event before been meenin to drop by

Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to South West