Hatch seal

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Hatch seal

Postby Southern Oregon Bob » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:49 am

I'm starting my wood floor on my frame and realized nows the time to decide on the hatch seal. I've seen several ideas for the side seals but no imfo on the seal along the back. Does anyone put any kind of an off set along the back to help with seal. Does anybody have a good crossection diagram of the rear hatch seal or opinions on the best side seals. I'm thinking maybe I should set my wood frame in 3/4-1" inside the metal frame and then run some alluminum flashing in the back up the frame over to the floor frame and then up and over onto the floor and then have the seal down at the offset. It's 1:30 a.m. and I'm not sure that made any sence. At any rate any advice or diagrams of the hatch seals would be appreciated. I'm building this thing faster than I can make good decisions. (maybe I need to down load a set of plans for a guidline to the details) ? Thanks in advance Bob :thinking:
Southern Oregon Bob
Teardrop Advisor

Postby gerry boucher » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi Bob,
I have pics somewhere but can't put my hands on them. What I did was get some window drip edge and attach to bottom of wall. The wall then sat on trailer deck with its own drip edge. In between each piece was silicone to prevent any leaking. So it was drip edge silicone drip edge. It fit like a glove and I think (hope) I won't have any trouble. Get a couple pieces and move them around , it should make sense afterwhile.
I thought of that after I read several posts on the other td site and it got me thinking way before I did it. Good Luck.
gerry boucher
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques