Getting my build on....or things that slow your build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Getting my build on....or things that slow your build

Postby mk10108 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:15 am

Saturday to do list for the frame – support the frame correctly - weld tongue and support angles. Mount springs & axle, install wheels and grind a bit. All parts are ready…9:00 am and I’m headed for the garage. HOLD ON THERE COWBOY….before you start your project can you do a few things for me & the babies. Sorry dear, I was not informed of your needs and besides the rule…must submit a HD-3 list (honey do – it’s always at least 3 projects) three days in advance…..stop looking at me that way….what? Long exhale.

First of the month…change hot tub water, two...hang the jumpie jumpers on the OLA (outdoor living area) and wash the cars. Mentally calculate…yeah I can knock those out in a couple of hours. Chuck the pump in the spa – hose into the drain, next grab the jumpies and hang them on the overhead 2x4’s. Nice try…too high off the ground. Think about it, off to the box store. Two 2 x 6 Strong tie joist brackets and a 2x4x10 and made it removable. Note it’s Saturday and the box store is almost empty…it’s the economy…ok, however not accidentally rubbing butts while cruising through the isles is something I could get used to. Head over to the tool section and pick up a level, the plastic one broke while man handling the trailer frame last week. Get home, still making good time, eyeball the joist location, insert nail and thwack….22 oz hammer dead nuts on the tip of the bird finger and hard enough to squirt blood…ouch. Reload and finish the job, no time for the usual sit back and admire my work, I’m on a roll. Finger still throbbing I proceed to wash the cars…..walked right pass the hot tube without noticing the water level. Finished the cars, and remembered the tub. The pump was warm and the sicker said “don’t run dry”… oh well, I’ll check it next month and if it doesn’t work, and the economy improves, I’ll have to ass bump my way through the isle and get a new one.

Task complete and I’m headed towards the garage and who impedes my path…das boss. Only this time it’s the puppy dog look and I know this means trouble. Honey…Kelly (her riding buddy) called and wants a girls’ afternoon out. Can you watch the babies? The Gods are testing me….Now the Mrs. has been cooped up with the kids for a couple of weeks and instantly say, yeah I got them…have fun, knowing this just ended my trailer build and watching the Superbowl. Now the lady tear droppers may think this is wonderful, but there’s a method to said kindness. I figure two women, one afternoon….odds are they‘ll use up 15,000 words each. Knowing that women speak about 24k words a day and men do 10K, means she 1k over and tonight, silence falls upon the domicile.

Sunday morning get my build on and no major issues to report. Just measuring 10 times and squaring up the tongue. Cross braces were a bit more work than I thought, but it worked out. And flipping that rig over solo to install the springs and wheels was a pain.

Finish measuring and I’m no more than 3/16 off in any direction. Not bad for my first trailer. Next week grind and prep for paint.
mk10108
Gold Donating Member

Postby 01Sport » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 am

You will be greatly rewarded someday. :applause: :R

Nice looking frame you got there.
K.C.

Teardrop Name: Golden State Teardrop
01Sport
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 am

:rofl: You might be surprised at the number of TD ladies who would be telling you to get it done. However baby will be babies and they need things. :)

Trailer looks good! It is all up from here so have fun! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 am

Yup! Life gets in the way of dreams; but, it makes any achievements feel that much more rewarding.

Keep working at your dreams and keep up the good work. You'll 'Git'R done'! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mini Renegade » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 am

Keep going, love the work. Its good to see its not only me that has to get forms signed in triplicate to even unlock the garage door. :applause:
If evvr tha dus owt fr nowt, allus do it fr thissen
Mini Renegade
500 Club

Postby moreforles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

life and lack of money..... always some bill that's takes away from what you plan to spend it on....

myself, not even starting to buy/order things yet and still unexpected bills keep showing up..... back window on my wifes mini van shattered (too cold or someone threw something....?) plastic covered for the time being ($60-$75 for junkyard replacement, when it warms up a little bit)

passenger side torsion bar on my Safari broke, i got a low rider until i get the money to fix it. ($250+ for new set) not driving it much (slow time of the year for me) I need a busy week just to keep up with rent, utilities and groceries, then I can think about other bills or projects....
:cry: $> :(
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 pm

OMG as the texters say....

I think we have found Ira's cousin.

Anybody remember Ira the story teller.

OK never mind ! I will go do the dishes or something.

God I wish I was back to work :x

Come on spring !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby lauriandgary » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Great story, :applause:

good job on the trailer :applause: :thumbsup:

and you enjoy Blue Moon! :beer:
Gary

And if I don't see you tomorrow, hello.