Little Guy Doors

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Little Guy Doors

Postby greekspeedoman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Anyone know who manufactures Little Guy doors?

I like them but don't want to have to cough up nearly $600 for a set of two.

Maybe other door manufacturers that you could recommend. Thanks
greekspeedoman
Donating Member

Postby dh » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Look on ebay, vinteck sells them cheaper
Ignorant doesn't know any better, Stupid knows better but does it anyway.

My build page: http://www.tdbuildlog.blogspot.com/
dh
Gold Donating Member

Postby greekspeedoman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks dh,

He doesn't have anything currently for sale. I'll keep watching.

I'd just like to know where they're made so I can get them from the source.
greekspeedoman
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:36 am

...probably Hehr International...probably won't sell to you unless you buy a truck load................8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby grant whipp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:47 am

They're actually emergency egress windows that LG has specially modified for them (plus a little in-house work). Just start contacting various RV window mfgs. to see what they can do for you, but like MJ said, they usually don't want to talk to you unless you want to buy hundreds at a time (preferably thousands) (been there, done that ... what us little guys want or need just doesn't seem to matter to the number crunchers ... :x ... remember when it was all about customer service ...!)

Good Luck, and ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby greekspeedoman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks Grant and madjack.

I won't be surprised if they will only do a wholesale option but I thought it would be worth a try. Thanks for the direction. I'll post my findings.
greekspeedoman
Donating Member

Postby 7Grand » Wed May 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Prefab doors are available at www.bigwoodycampers.com. You can also find a kit there for everything needed for traditional doors.
7Grand
Teardrop Inspector

Postby duke » Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 am

Little Guy is selling/using a new style door. These are more of a door with a window in it, rather than a window made into a door. They are thicker, and taller then the old style doors. They are not a direct retrofit to older Little Guys without modification to the holes (per Donnie at Little Guy). There is a video on their website about their new models showing the new doors.

New Doors:http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/store/

and on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEARDROP-TRAILER-DOOR-RV-WINDOW-26-X-32-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35ad5d923fQQitemZ230541857343QQptZMotorsQ5fRVQ5fTrailerQ5fCamperQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby dh » Thu May 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Hmm, I wonder how much more the new little guy doors weigh? They look odd to me, but I said the Jeeps where #*$%& ugly when they came out with the TJ, and now I have one parked in my driveway... Won't catch me with a JK with a minivan V-6 in it though. Now watch, I'll end up with one of those in a few years. I still don't understand the 4 door Jeep, the whole point was a short wheel base...

dh
Gold Donating Member

Postby dh » Thu May 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Oh crap. I hope I don't get this thread that died, was resurected by a spammer, then updated with something new to me, off track with Jeep stuff.

dh
Gold Donating Member

Postby MKE_Tear » Fri May 27, 2011 5:01 am

dh wrote:Look on ebay, vinteck sells them cheaper

Pretty sure that was the vendor on eBay that I got mine from last year. Ended up buying them from him over the phone bec. I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask before hitting the "submit" button on eBay. The downside to that was the fact that he tacked on taxes, whereas they would not have been charged on eBay.

All in all, they worked great and I was very happy with them. Took me a bit of time (several practice holes on scrap wood) to make sure I got it right. I think the cost was in the mid 400's -- sizeable, but not $600. Prices may have gone up now though.

For me, I liked the fact that I didn't have to buy all the individual parts (windows, hinges, handles, locks, etc.) and then manufacture it, all while being water-tight.
MKE_Tear
Teardrop Master

Postby Big Dan » Fri May 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Little guy is now using the same door as http://americanteardrop.com/default.htmBut they want way too mutch for them.
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri May 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Go to Vintek's Ebay store and use the contact seller. Just ask for what you want. I just picked up metal and some other supplies from him last week. He has doors there. I don't know what he sells them for.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby duke » Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 pm

$274.95 with free shipping from Vintek. My passenger side replacement door should arrive tomorrow. 8)
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby dh » Sat May 28, 2011 10:24 am

He doesn't have them listed on ebay (yet?) but he has 26'' x 36'' doors available for an extra $25. An extra 4'' of height could be a headache saver.

dh
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques