To much ?

Anything electric, AC or DC

To much ?

Postby Stephen G. » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:56 pm

Hello,

I no nothing about electrical stuff and I need some help with a question.

Is 4.5 amps alot of draw on a battery? How long will a appliance run?
Stephen G.
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:05 am

...take a 72 amp hour batery....4.5x8 =36 which is about 50% of your battery power and 50% discharge is considered to be at the point of useful battery(full) power. In other words a good hot 72 amp bat will give ya about 8 hrs of ful power at that rate of discharge after which voltage will start dropping off dramtically
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Stephen G. » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:28 pm

Thanks Madjack

I was going to use a boat bilge blower to suck air through the tear but if I understand what you are saying it does not sound like it will work which stinks :cry: Unless I have two batteries.
Stephen G.
Teardrop Master

Postby Ken A Hood » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:46 pm

You can go with some small computer fans, there quiet (25-30 decibels) and low draw. I've seen some that draw 0.1-0.2 amps and best of all there cheap! Looking at eBay (where I spend too much time......) there are some listed for $0.99, and pull/push around 30 CFM.
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets