Galley vents

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Galley vents

Postby seahorse » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:43 pm

I see many teardrops, with 2 small round aluminum vents on either side of galley......Where can they be purchased?
User avatar
seahorse
Donating Member
 
Posts: 143
Images: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: northeast Ohio

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:58 pm

Are you refering to these ones? Vents
Rich


Image
ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
User avatar
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club
 
Posts: 7909
Images: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:44 am
Location: Butler,PA

Round Vents Galley

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Here is one source forRound Vents: for the Galley area on either side.

There are most likely many more vendors but is this the type your looking for>?

Here are two more web sites for round vents .

Another round vent

One more round vent
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
User avatar
sdtripper2
Search Garoux
 
Posts: 2162
Images: 168
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:32 am
Location: California, ... San Diego
Top

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:22 am

Am I missing something? Why would you want vents on the side of your galley. I've seen a lot of teardrops in my time but have never seen vents for the galley. Maybe I'm just not looking for them. Come April I'm going to be at a gathering where there is going to be 100+ teardrops. Now I know what I'm going to be doing. :moom walk:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
User avatar
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club
 
Posts: 8321
Images: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:14 pm
Location: Palmdale, CA
Top

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:44 am

seahorsie, I think this may be what you are looking for(maybe)
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... 9&id=46663
Camp_Inn uses something similar to relieve backpressure in the cabin when shutting doors and we are going to use a couple for battery box vent covers
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
User avatar
madjack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15108
Images: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Central Louisiana
Top

Vents Round

Postby sdtripper2 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:52 am

Gage:

The Hunter Shadow Teardrop Trailer has the round air vents on either side of the top rear of the galley.


Here are some examples:

5x10 Hunter fat Shadow Teardrop

Hunter Shadow main web site
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
User avatar
sdtripper2
Search Garoux
 
Posts: 2162
Images: 168
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:32 am
Location: California, ... San Diego
Top

Postby dacrazyrn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:53 am

Those minirature louvered aluminum vents can be had at HD or Lowe's for less than a buck. Also square ones. They are located in the roofing areas for usually around a buck.
I plan on at least one for a battery vent-slash-water tank vent.
User avatar
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 284
Images: 74
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:35 am
Location: Greeley, CO
Top

Postby seahorse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 am

Gage wrote:Am I missing something? Why would you want vents on the side of your galley. I've seen a lot of teardrops in my time but have never seen vents for the galley. Maybe I'm just not looking for them. Come April I'm going to be at a gathering where there is going to be 100+ teardrops. Now I know what I'm going to be doing. :moom walk:

Have a good day.

8)
Thanks everyone, just what I was looking for :D .............. Gage, If the galley is closed up on a hot day, wouldn't heat build up???
User avatar
seahorse
Donating Member
 
Posts: 143
Images: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: northeast Ohio
Top

Postby David Niver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:27 am

I picked up mine from a rv dealer for a couple of bucks each.
I use them so I can run the exhaust fan for the cabin with the hatch closed.
David Niver
User avatar
David Niver
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 111
Images: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN
Top

Postby seahorse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:38 am

David Niver wrote:I picked up mine from a rv dealer for a couple of bucks each.
I use them so I can run the exhaust fan for the cabin with the hatch closed.
David Niver
David, another reason to install vents............thanks, Rob
User avatar
seahorse
Donating Member
 
Posts: 143
Images: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: northeast Ohio
Top

Postby Mitheral » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:57 am

dacrazyrn wrote:Those minirature louvered aluminum vents can be had at HD or Lowe's for less than a buck. Also square ones. They are located in the roofing areas for usually around a buck.
I plan on at least one for a battery vent-slash-water tank vent.


Aluminum is a poor choice for a battery compartment vent, the fumes will eat it away quickly. Stainless or plastic is a better choice.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 179
Images: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: Canada
Top

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:59 pm

seahorse wrote: <snip> Thanks everyone, just what I was looking for :D .............. Gage, If the galley is closed up on a hot day, wouldn't heat build up???

No more than the inside of my tear. I have insulation also in my hatch for those hot days. Now don't get me wrong. When I built mine, I just didn't hear of venting the galley so didn't give it much thought.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
User avatar
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club
 
Posts: 8321
Images: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:14 pm
Location: Palmdale, CA
Top

Postby seahorse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Gage wrote:
seahorse wrote: <snip> Thanks everyone, just what I was looking for :D .............. Gage, If the galley is closed up on a hot day, wouldn't heat build up???

No more than the inside of my tear. I have insulation also in my hatch for those hot days. Now don't get me wrong. When I built mine, I just didn't hear of venting the galley so didn't give it much thought.

Have a good day.

8)
Might be any easy addition to that SWEET teardrop of yours :thumbsup:
User avatar
seahorse
Donating Member
 
Posts: 143
Images: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: northeast Ohio
Top

Postby IndyTom » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:19 pm

The Kuffle Creek website on installing a/c in a tear suggests using them along with a pair of vents between the sleeping compartment and the galley. The also recomend single pass a/c. The vents serve to vent inside air into the galley and the outter ones then vent the air to the outside. They say this cools the galley and perhaps extends the life of you ice, if you have a cooler in the galley. Of course, the hatch has to be closed for this to work.

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/teardrop_a_c.htm
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

Image
User avatar
IndyTom
500 Club
 
Posts: 841
Images: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Carmel, IN
Top

Postby Gerdo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:53 pm

I put vent/drains in the front corners of the floor of my galley. I didn't want propane to buildup and if my cooler ice/water should splash out it can drain. I used a couple of 2" PVC elbows that are sealed to holes through the floor, facing backwards, and sink drain screens screwed down.
User avatar
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1361
Images: 156
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:02 am
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Top

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests