Gas struts

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Gas struts

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Got my gas struts thursday put them on this morning sure is nice to be able to lift up that hatch with one hand. the props are 28" long with 80# lift i estimated pressure and got lucky,used my fish scale to check it out it takes 5# lift to open and 15# pull to start it back down. Image
I got them on ebay 32.00 bucks pair with brackets that includes shipping This seller has all sizes and pressure up to 250 pounds. If anyone wants his name i'll see if i can post it.

Happy camping Jim
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Gas struts

Postby rooster » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Jim, Good price on the struts . . . . and nice lake in the back ground. I'm assuming that the tear is complete and your enjoying the outdoors.

Jim, 8)
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:22 pm

No not camping yet tear is set up in my back yard. still have to get fenders on and then it's done.
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Well if'n that were my back yard I think I'd just use my quad for a tow vehicle and just work my way around the lake!! 8) 8) Looks like a good spot to camp to me. :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi Rich yea it is a nice place to camp wife and i live here at highrock lake marina and campground, the wife works here there is 360 miles of shore line on the lake. Nice place to live and to camp.

Happy camping Jim ;)

JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Re: Gas struts

Postby toypusher » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:08 pm

JIML1943 wrote:............I got them on ebay 32.00 bucks pair with brackets that includes shipping This seller has all sizes and pressure up to 250 pounds. If anyone wants his name i'll see if i can post it......

Post it please!

Looks great and that is just what I need on my Cubby. The hatch is not that heavy, but it would be nice for the wife. Also, I do not have it secured against the wind catching it.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:09 pm

Yes, post it. I am getting ready to write a piece on gas struts... and the more (info) the merrier!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby critter » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:16 pm

howdy neighbor,
nice tear struts.i used to stop in the marina all the time.probaly seen your wife and didnt know it.used to camp across the bridge at top of hiil on left in green cabin.ill stop by some time
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:25 pm

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZohopbobQQssPageNameZME

hope it works first time i tried to do this.This fella was real helpful for me if you buy from him all you have to do is tell him the # and length and if you want ball studs or brackets,mine were in my hands 3 days after i paid for them.

Happy camping Jim :thumbsup:

PS you can shorten url if you want.

JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi critter yea stop by sometime we are in the house right in front of you when you come over the hill to office.wife is in avatar you might be able recognize her.

JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:34 pm

Thanks Jim...

Mike...

JIML1943 wrote:http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZohopbobQQssPageNameZME

hope it works first time i tried to do this.This fella was real helpful for me if you buy from him all you have to do is tell him the # and length and if you want ball studs or brackets,mine were in my hands 3 days after i paid for them.

PS you can shorten url if you want.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion