Grand Lake, OK - pencil it in !!!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Grand Lake, OK - pencil it in !!!

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:29 pm

Okay South Central Tears and all others....

I'm checking on the exact place but planning a teardrop gathering for this September either 8-10th or 15-17th, and right now looking at possibilities for Bernice State Park, or possibly Cherokee, Little Blue , or Twin Bridges. I'm waiting to find out about reservations, etc. Bernice looks nice, has a wildlife watchtower and refuge, walking trails. Twin doesn't take advanced reservations. Cherokee and Little Blue are way south and by the Dam.

Grand Lake o' the Cherokees is east of Tulsa, OK and a really large pond! In the fall, there should be some nice turning leaves and cooler weather in September!

Pencil it in and let me know what y'all think! Try www.oklahomaparks.com
I'll post more info / links when I get home .

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nobody » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi Julie - Hope we can make it the 8-10th weekend. I wanta come but I'm leaving on the 14th for a week in southern Illinois, squirrel huntin', makin' music, general BSin', eatin', etc., with a bunch of rabid squirrel hunters from all across the USA & a couple from England. Been doin' that for several years & can't miss it :D . Will hopefully have my TD done before then, & my wife definitely wants to give it a try. Been many moons since we camped on Grand Lake but have enjoyed a goodly number of trips up that way when I was still in the USAF. Actually we did spend a night at the COE C/G near Grove a couple of years ago but it was just in 'n out overnight while on a trip so I don't really call that camping ;) . Met this fellow across the road from our camper while we were there -

Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby davel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:02 pm

We can stick the 8th and 10th on our calendar. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:40 pm

I sure hope some of us Missourian's are welcome. I couldn't resist that. Bevers Bend pic's look like so much fun.

If I can help let me know.
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

We are interested.

Postby jplock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:57 pm

I think the Lock Family from Broken Arrow might be interested in that. Keep us posted.
jplock
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby Rickxr2 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:19 pm

15th-17th works best for us. We'll make it work no matter which weekend.

Rick
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby reo-ron » Wed May 03, 2006 2:45 pm

Well, since it's in my backyard (sorta) I guess I better show up. I'll be in KC the first weekend and FtWorth the last weekend so either the 2nd or 3rd weekend works for me. :thumbsup:
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Wed May 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Miriam,

Last time I looked I think we see Missouri as part of the South Central group. I think we decided at Beaver Bend that anyone was welcome at any gathering we have.
davel
Donating Member

Postby edevans » Wed May 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Count us in either week end. Hope to be finished building by then.
Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby jagular7 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:48 pm

What is so nice about the Grand'O Lake area is, if you are a trailrider, the 4wd trails for either ATV or 4wd vehicle. The rocks down there are fantastic. Almost any stock 4wd vehicle can get around on the rocks. And for those that prefer the woods, lots of trails throughout.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby Rickxr2 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Have we picked a weekend / campground for this gathering yet?? :NC
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Thu May 04, 2006 12:20 am

Julie:
Same here I would be interested also in the camp-in. Just 100 miles away and that time of year is great weather.Maybe I will have a the outside done on the tear ( weathered-in at least). :oops:
I have now gotten a place ( shop space )and several friends to help in the project ( with tools and air compressor/planer/table saw/welder ???).I'm tring for the end of June for completion of the walls/door/top/???. :worship: :thinking:
HAP / BILLNUT and a few other know why that weekend is intended. :thumbsup:
Looks like you are making good progress on your Tear. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 04, 2006 11:50 am

davel wrote:Miriam,

Last time I looked I think we see Missouri as part of the South Central group. I think we decided at Beaver Bend that anyone was welcome at any gathering we have.

:lol: Thats nice to know Dave. Grand Lake is very close to us. I have trouble seeing MO as North, but it's boarders are farther North than Kansas. 8)

September is a while off so I may get a roof over our head. If not Mike can at least come out in the day time. I think he will enjoy meeting you guys.

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dwgriff1 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:41 pm

I live a LONG way from Oklahoma.

But, my father was born in Addington, OK, so I have some roots. And, I went to grad school in north Texas in the late 80's.

We would really like to make a trip back there to visit friends in Texas. It would interesting to stop and see a bunch of teary people from that part of the world.

Even though we lived in Denton for 5 years I think I made it up to Oklahoma two or three times.

I'll pencil September in as a goal for a trip east! The tear will make it cheaper!

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

bb

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri May 05, 2006 7:42 pm

Sorry for the delay folks.... life sucks sometimes, so do computers.

I had emailed three different campgrounds and they don't take reservations ahead of time ( :( ) but someone can go on a certain day w/ the $ and get the sites. That would be kinda iffy ... not knowing what sites will be open.

I had checked with Twin Bridges, which is way on the north end but a girl I work with has retirement property there and said Twins doesn't have too many campsites.

Bernice St Park looks really nice , the lady was real nice but again no reservations ahead of time. I'll have to check with her again.

Honey Creek, same thing.

I never got any response from pm's to monkeyislandrn , who lives up there at Grand Lake.

I'll try my best to keep you all posted...
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to South Central