Madjack's side tables

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Madjack's side tables

Postby Ron Heath » Fri May 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Madjack, I think I saw some pictures of ateardrop you had for sale, with a side table mounted on each side at the rear. Curious....Where'd you get the supporting braces and brackets to hold it to the trailer. I guess you could have made them, but I'm hoping you bought them somewhere. Same question on the table slabs,....Did you make those yourself?? Tha;nks, Ron Heath
Nothing is worth more than this day.
Ron Heath
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri May 19, 2006 3:36 pm

Ron, the brackets that attach the tables to the sides are here http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/table-support.html we cut them into 3 10" pieces and put them on each side and one on the back counter, allowing the two table to go on either of 3 places as needed, the tables we made ourselves as are the supporting legs...the legs are 1/2 EMT conduit that have been powder coated and the attaching bracket on the body for them is made from some 3/4 chanell...they attach with a hairpin clip...thet are attached to the tables with an insert in the table and a wingnut bolt...the tables measure 16 X 30...the size determined by some scrap ply we had...oh yeah the table mounting brackets have a long leg that protrudes so we cut it down to 1/2" wide instead of the 1" it protrudes...they still attach with no problems
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
madjack
Site Admin

table hinge

Postby Ron Heath » Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Madjack, Thanks again. Gonna see about adding side tables to my silvershadow. Later, Ron :)
Nothing is worth more than this day.
Ron Heath
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion