Madjack's side tables

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Madjack's side tables

Postby Ron Heath » Fri May 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Madjack, I think I saw some pictures of ateardrop you had for sale, with a side table mounted on each side at the rear. Curious....Where'd you get the supporting braces and brackets to hold it to the trailer. I guess you could have made them, but I'm hoping you bought them somewhere. Same question on the table slabs,....Did you make those yourself?? Tha;nks, Ron Heath
Nothing is worth more than this day.
Ron Heath
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri May 19, 2006 3:36 pm

Ron, the brackets that attach the tables to the sides are here http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/table-support.html we cut them into 3 10" pieces and put them on each side and one on the back counter, allowing the two table to go on either of 3 places as needed, the tables we made ourselves as are the supporting legs...the legs are 1/2 EMT conduit that have been powder coated and the attaching bracket on the body for them is made from some 3/4 chanell...they attach with a hairpin clip...thet are attached to the tables with an insert in the table and a wingnut bolt...the tables measure 16 X 30...the size determined by some scrap ply we had...oh yeah the table mounting brackets have a long leg that protrudes so we cut it down to 1/2" wide instead of the 1" it protrudes...they still attach with no problems
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

table hinge

Postby Ron Heath » Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Madjack, Thanks again. Gonna see about adding side tables to my silvershadow. Later, Ron :)
Nothing is worth more than this day.
Ron Heath
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion